• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metro: 4034's new wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmo

Do forgive me if this has already been discussed/brought up elsewhere on the forums, but I noticed a few weeks back that Metrocar 4034 now sports a distinctive advertisment livery for artisan vodka.

Here's a not-great photo I took at Sunderland some time ago. Reminds me of the old pre-refurb liveries!

Attachments

• IMG_20200206_150819.jpg
    IMG_20200206_150819.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 116
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
Well spotted and thanks for sharing as I hadn't been aware of this previously. There's a short article with another photo here:
http://www.britishtramsonline.co.uk/news/?p=31312
In Pictures: Adverts return to Tyne and Wear Metro
Posted on Thursday 5 December 2019 by Gareth Prior
Ever since the Tyne and Wear Metro vehicles went through their last refurbishment in the first part of this decade the fleet has been in uniform fleet livery (more or less, an advert livery does still exist on one of the unrefurbished operational Metrocars). Until now that is! 4034 has received an advertising livery for Artisanal Vodka and was first noted in this look in early December.

As is the current vogue across the country the advertising livery sees fleet livery retained on the ends with the new vinyls just added to the remainder of the vehicle receiving the new vinyls. For 4034 this is a red based advert with contravision used on each window.
It certainly is reminiscent of the old mid to late nineties advertising liveries - especially with the contravision vinyls over the windows - and the Woodpecker cider scheme in particular (See attached image - not my own).

Attachments

• METRO Woodpecker.JPG
    METRO Woodpecker.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 69

Paul_10

4033 and 4082 both did carry advert liveries for Emerites Airlines since refurbishment so that article is not fully accurate.

Would be nice too see some more advert liveries, surprised Nexus does not try this to get any extra revenue.

jkkne

Artisanal vodka certainly creates some amusement when the doors open and cover part of the wording

Paul_10

Whoever agreed to contravision wants stapling to the front of a Metrocar.

Grr, etc.

Well the good news is that all that has now gone and you can be able too see out of the window properly again. I do agree though, it's horrible stuff too use especially that extensively, should use stickers if really needed.

Scott M

Not sure that advertising vodka is the best idea when trying to reduce anti-social behaviour tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.