• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metro are absolute rubbish!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Hi all,

Time for a moan i guess!

I was planning my ALR trip, and half the plan went out the Window, Thanks to WYPTE Metro!

Firstly I planned to get a 222 to Doncaster, then Northern to Goole, then Goole - Leeds...but no, Metro can only fit one train a day! thats leaving at summit like 0600 hours ish (?)

right next plan to highlight the Wakefield Westgate - Kirkgate...maybe not that has one train a day in the morning!

ok plan C! (waits for plan Z ;)) knottingly - Kirkgate, great, lets try Kirkgate to Monkhill and get the 1410 Baghill - York, GRR train gets to Monkhill at 1355! will I make it!? how for are the stations??

only one thing I can say

WYPTE stands for:

Worst Yet Passenger Transport Executers!

Cheers,
James.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ben

im sorry WYPTE has been potrayed in a bad way blame Northern

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
This has nothing to do with Metro. The service to Goole is outside their area.

Also, it's not got anything to do with Northern either as it's not a franchise commitment and there's no subsidy, to run more trains on this route.

The route via Snaith is not exactly busy, and passengers travelling between Leeds and Goole can travel via Doncaster instead (regular services, and takes no longer).

Sorry but the above rant isn't justified, IMO.

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I have to agree with Yorkie here, there are much easier ways to get from Goole to Leeds than all of the routes you were trying. The Goole to Knottingley line is a very minor route, which does not currently require further services. You certainly can't blame WYPTE for this service, as it is Northern that actually run the trains, and in this case, it seems that even they're not to blame.

Anyway, you should have either taken a train from Goole-Doncaster, then Donny-Leeds, or if you wanted to try something different, Goole-Brough/Hull then Brough/Hull-Leeds. I think metro are great. £1.90* for unlimited train travel in West Yorkshire for a day (*child fare)? I thought they were kidding, it's superb value :P

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
yeah well i dont want to take any other line, the point was covering the Goole - Leeds line, and ill still call it WYPTE Metro anyway irrelevent.

dunno how im going to cover it, maybe stay overnight at Goole or something! lol

As for the Monkhill - Baghill connection, anyonw know if I can make it?

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
We have plans to cover Goole-Leeds in our NorthCountry Rover meet, it's an evening peak service from Leeds.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
heart-of-wessex said:
As for the Monkhill - Baghill connection, anyonw know if I can make it?
I'd say Yes, IF you know exactly where you are going and walk quickly. Especially as it's from Monkhill (it's a steep walk dowhill initially).

Status
Not open for further replies.