• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metrolink - 07 Mar 12 Vacancies PSRs (Inspectors)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
Hi gang. Accredited Passenger Service Representative (PSR) vacancies in Manchester, possibly about 10-12 in total. Initally based at Queens Road Depot until the new Old Trafford Depot is open as the second crewbase for Drivers and PSRs.

As role is accredited, must have totally clean enhanced CRB. (ie not even Cautions or Motoring Offences).

Duties include checking tickets onboard, random station ticket barriers, issuing standard fares, security patrols, customer care duties, working matchdays and many varied shifts. Mostly 8 hour shifts, starting 5am earliest and finishing 1am latest.

Apply online by next Wednesday, the 14th March 2012.

http://www.metrolink.co.uk/recruitment/Vacancy.aspx?JobVacancyID=9

Good luck ;)

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

goldsounds

A warning to anyone that does apply....
Going through all the processes will take approx 7 months....!!!
I had my assessment in Aug 11 and my CRB is going through as of this month.....
I have also noticed the pay has gone down from 21K as advertised last year to 19K.....

Established Member
I agree that from the last recruitment to the next course there was a long delay, but this latest recruitment drive shouldn't face one aswell. As far as I know, the delay to the new lines opening has had a knock on delay on both driver and PSR start dates.

After initial training, comes the accreditation course; once the accreditation course is completed, the wage then rises slightly. The first three months are paid at a lower start-wage which is paid back in arrears later after the 3 month probation is completed.

£20k basic is a good wage for a 37hr wk / fairly interesting job. There's a fair bit of overtime to be had too and shift payments after a certain time.

Last edited:

goldsounds

I agree that from the last recruitment to the next course there was a long delay, but this latest recruitment drive shouldn't face one aswell. As far as I know, the delay to the new lines opening has had a knock on delay on both driver and PSR start dates.

After initial training, comes the accreditation course; once the accreditation course is completed, the wage then rises slightly. The first three months are paid at a lower start-wage which is paid back in arrears later after the 3 month probation is completed.

£20k basic is a good wage for a 37hr wk / fairly interesting job. There's a fair bit of overtime to be had too and shift payments after a certain time.

I guess I'm just abit annoyed as I've been waiting around for awhile and they haven't really bothered to give us updates on where we stand (besides the odd letter here and there). If I could get a rough start date then at least I could arrange temp work!

Thanks for the info though :)

LCC106

Established Member
Just a brief note to say I'm pretty sure points for speeding don't show on your enhanced CRB - they certainly didn't a few years ago, so please don't be put off... Good luck.

Woolsty

Just completed the application, fingers crossed.
Now got four applications running, two at Virgin, one at Northern and this one.
Whole new ball game completing these applications !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.