• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metrolink Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kezbian1804

You're only the second group to have the ordering forms. My group didn't get them, it was changed for the group after us due to feedback which leads me on to your second question.

The uniform can take a few weeks to arrive because it needs ordering, sorting etc.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kezbian1804

Thanks for all your help. The job for life aspect is what made me want to do it so much, sick of jumping from job to job in finance. I will DM you if I need anything thanks.

How are you finding things Ryan? I passed my test today, took me two attempts but I got there which is all that matters.

What line you learning?

Ryan_evans2

How are you finding things Ryan? I passed my test today, took me two attempts but I got there which is all that matters.

What line you learning?

Things are going well, first week is tough getting the rules and regs done but it gets a lot more interesting after that. We are learning the Ashton Eccles line.

garryyy

Things are going well, first week is tough getting the rules and regs done but it gets a lot more interesting after that. We are learning the Ashton Eccles line.
How are the test, rules and regs? is there someone failing those tests?

Ryan_evans2

How are the test, rules and regs? is there someone failing those tests?

The rules and regs week is a bit intense but aslong as you do some revision at home you will be fine. None of our group failed we all got above 95%.

Kezbian1804

Sorry for the radio silence over the past week, been on holiday with the family for a week and back to the grind tomorrow. First day back since passing my test so looking forward to getting out there on my own.

I hope you've enjoyed the Vehicular Familiarisation stuff this week just passed, it's good to finally get in the cab and get hands on a bit more.

Bucephalus

Hey there. I applied for driver recently, the closing date I believe was 30th June. I'm not feeling like anything will happen.

Do keolis make a habit of letting people know they were unsuccessful, and should I be a bit more patient?

My background is shopping delivery driver so I get the feeling I'm up against bus, truck, and taxi drivers and will get slaughtered in the sift :(

[Edit: wow do I sound whiney]

Last edited:

TacoTraveller

Hey there. I applied for driver recently, the closing date I believe was 30th June. I'm not feeling like anything will happen.

Do keolis make a habit of letting people know they were unsuccessful, and should I be a bit more patient?

My background is shopping delivery driver so I get the feeling I'm up against bus, truck, and taxi drivers and will get slaughtered in the sift :(

[Edit: wow do I sound whiney]

I came from IT and an Ocado delivery driver. Don’t let experience worry you. It’s not about experience it’s about competency for the role.

If the closing date is 30th you might not hear back until then. I don’t remember my closing date but I applied in June/July 2016 and didn’t hear back until November. You can always contact HR if you’d to know how yours is progressing

Bucephalus

I came from IT and an Ocado delivery driver. Don’t let experience worry you. It’s not about experience it’s about competency for the role.

If the closing date is 30th you might not hear back until then. I don’t remember my closing date but I applied in June/July 2016 and didn’t hear back until November. You can always contact HR if you’d to know how yours is progressing

Thanks. I might give it til September then maybe show my keenness to hr. Ive heard there's a pool so I could potentially end up on that, which I'm cool with

TacoTraveller

Thanks. I might give it til September then maybe show my keenness to hr. Ive heard there's a pool so I could potentially end up on that, which I'm cool with

I think they are a little behind with the training groups as there are a couple on at the moment and they only start a groups roughly 3 months apart, so if your closing date is only the 30th you may hear back soon but not start for 3 months or not hear for 3 months.

But if you’re that eager as you’ve mentioned you can always contact HR for an update

Beeks

Hey kids..sorry not been on for awhile

Glad to see you’re all getting into the swing of things..if you’ve not met me yet I’m Russ (Nickname Beeks)

Say hello if you see me about..I’m f#%king hard to miss ;)

martin2345uk

Established Member
Hey kids..sorry not been on for awhile

Glad to see you’re all getting into the swing of things..if you’ve not met me yet I’m Russ (Nickname Beeks)

Say hello if you see me about..I’m f#%king hard to miss ;)
Any idea if and when they may recruit again Russ...?

HDY

Hi mate,
Does it make a difference if you apply through a current metrolink employee? If you
Get a reccomendation i mean...can that speed up the process? I am just waiting to hear back from them

HDY

The tests are still dials then shapes and the interview is relatively straightforward just competency based questions.
Hi ryan, i was wondering if the shapes test is
The one where on a grid you cross out the shape you are told, eg < or + etc.. and what interview questions were they if you dont mind sharing... cheers

Kirsty93

Hey Kirsty

Not heard anything as of yet but as soon as I do I’ll post it on here
Hey Beeks,

No worries, thanks for replying
I also emailed my CV to the recruitment email try my chances until a vacancy comes up.

garryyy

Someone from metrolink told me that they've changed the tests from assessment day starting this month. No simulator
Now the assessments are taking place at Hilton - deansgate
Anyone been on the last week assessment day?

Apoc

Hello!

Forgive me if I've missed this...I'm curious what the shift patterns are like? I've worked shifts before (rota with 1-weeks notice of shifts) and am currently on the 9-5 grind which I'm not sure is for me, and have been interested in applying for a long while. Do they shift between earlies/mids/lates? Can you plan around them in advance (without taking annual leave)? The 1 weeks notice of shifts was what drove me mad previously!

Cheers!

Bucephalus

If it is anything like bus driving then you'd start as a spare (one week notice) then move on to a rota where you will know your shifts until infinity
Hello!

Forgive me if I've missed this...I'm curious what the shift patterns are like? I've worked shifts before (rota with 1-weeks notice of shifts) and am currently on the 9-5 grind which I'm not sure is for me, and have been interested in applying for a long while. Do they shift between earlies/mids/lates? Can you plan around them in advance (without taking annual leave)? The 1 weeks notice of shifts was what drove me mad previously!

Cheers!

Apoc

If it is anything like bus driving then you'd start as a spare (one week notice) then move on to a rota where you will know your shifts until infinity

Wouldn’t be too bad if that is the case. Curious what time of day rotations are like too, was always stuck on the lates at my last job!

Are you aware of any Type 1 diabetics currently in the role? Or if it is something that would be considered. Google brings up alot of things but no concrete answer. Thanks.

Bucephalus

Hi,does anyone know if metrolink give people a second chance if they leave and want to return as a l r v driver?

Unless your reason for leaving was drinking on the job I would have thought you would make for one of the top candidates. Sorry I don't actually know for reals though

Status
Not open for further replies.