• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metrolink Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tbone20

Can anyone tell me how long you get to read and take notes on the memory test.and how many questions are there.also how many did you answer to pass.thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tbone20

Can anyone tell me how long you get to read and take notes on the memory test.and how many questions are there.also how many did you answer to pass.thanks
Failed on the memory test .gutted.just couldn't get it to sink in

BPF

Hi I had a lok at Keolis Amey careers page just to see if there were any LRV vacancies and hey they were recruiting. It was published on 8th November 2019 and now has a closing date of April 2020! Praying I get a positive response. Been approx a week since I applied. I don't come from a driving background but Plenty of diverse work and life experience and I'm sure I would really enjoy this role, really don't mind workng alone. Enjoy driving, quick reactions. The thing that I do need to work on is to make sure my blood pressure is within acceptable limit. I'm very healthy but need to lose a few pounds and get my BMI down a bit. Has any one any insight /experience re this. Are they strict on weight/BMI..or is it case as long as your blood pressure ok then you'll pass?

Addy77

Congrats Apoc can you remember how many you answered in dials part as I only managed to do about 26 and struggled with that

BPF

Hi I had a lok at Keolis Amey careers page just to see if there were any LRV vacancies and hey they were recruiting. It was published on 8th November 2019 and now has a closing date of April 2020! Praying I get a positive response. Been approx a week since I applied. I don't come from a driving background but Plenty of diverse work and life experience and I'm sure I would really enjoy this role, really don't mind workng alone. Enjoy driving, quick reactions. The thing that I do need to work on is to make sure my blood pressure is within acceptable limit. I'm very healthy but need to lose a few pounds and get my BMI down a bit. Has any one any insight /experience re this. Are they strict on weight/BMI..or is it case as long as your blood pressure ok then you'll pass?

31.01.19. Just done the online assessment mini scaat as got invite last week. Don't think I did too bad to be fair. We'll soon see if I get the invite to the assessment day. Quite comfortable with Scaat and Dots and skill and similar. Been trying to brush up on sample Dials.

Coheed85

31.01.19. Just done the online assessment mini scaat as got invite last week. Don't think I did too bad to be fair. We'll soon see if I get the invite to the assessment day. Quite comfortable with Scaat and Dots and skill and similar. Been trying to brush up on sample Dials.
Same here. Got the invite to complete the online scaat test last week. Did it last Friday (31st Jan) and I think I did reasonably well, so I'll just have to wait and see now.

BPF

Same here. Got the invite to complete the online scaat test last week. Did it last Friday (31st Jan) and I think I did reasonably well, so I'll just have to wait and see now.
Actually failed. .quite surprised. Im just wondering if I forgot to strike thru the first letter on each row on the 3rd test despite having marked it when it appeared on the row. Thought i got good accuracy overall and did quite a few rows.

Oh well, I can reapply in 6 months. Hope they will be recruiting then but the way it's expanding . Let me know how u get on.

Coheed85

Actually failed. .quite surprised. Im just wondering if I forgot to strike thru the first letter on each row on the 3rd test despite having marked it when it appeared on the row. Thought i got good accuracy overall and did quite a few rows.

Oh well, I can reapply in 6 months. Hope they will be recruiting then but the way it's expanding . Let me know how u get on.

Sorry to hear that. I’m sure there will be another opportunity though. When did you hear back? I did the online test last Friday but haven’t heard anything since.

BPF

Did it Friday as well and heard back yesterday so
Quite quick. You may be ok .. You may have got through and they are waiting for a few others to group together to the assessment day?

Coheed85

Did it Friday as well and heard back yesterday so
Quite quick. You may be ok .. You may have got through and they are waiting for a few others to group together to the assessment day?
Yeah fingers crossed. I still haven't heard anything yet. Did they get in touch by email or by phone?

Coheed85

I took the online scaat test and am still to hear?
Not sure what's going on, has anyone heard anything?
I still haven't heard a thing no. I'm staying positive that I passed it and they're just waiting to set up an assessment day. Hopefully....

Dan_Gleeballs

Morning all , I have a friend who is just about to do his mini SCAAT , and he’s just asking what the pay deal is now for metrolink drivers ? I know the first post on here shows pay grades but it’s from 2017. Any info would be appreciated.

jesus

Morning all , I have a friend who is just about to do his mini SCAAT , and he’s just asking what the pay deal is now for metrolink drivers ? I know the first post on here shows pay grades but it’s from 2017. Any info would be appreciated.
It has gone up slightly along with RPI, but it’s along the lines of:

£20.5k for 12 months
£23.5k for 18 months
£25.5k for 18 months
£33.8k top pay

King80

Hi, I applied for this job as a trainee LRV driver back in November. I didn't hear anything until last week when they sent me the link for an online test, which I think I did ok on, but haven't heard anything yet. I've just noticed on their website that the new advert for LRV drivers was put up on the 4 March, so I'm guessing my application was been passed on to this round of recruitment. Something I noticed on the advert is bothering me slightly. I noticed it says successful candidates are subject to passing the 7 week training programme. Obviously I know there has to be training, but does that mean that if you fail the training you're then out of a job?

jesus

Hi, I applied for this job as a trainee LRV driver back in November. I didn't hear anything until last week when they sent me the link for an online test, which I think I did ok on, but haven't heard anything yet. I've just noticed on their website that the new advert for LRV drivers was put up on the 4 March, so I'm guessing my application was been passed on to this round of recruitment. Something I noticed on the advert is bothering me slightly. I noticed it says successful candidates are subject to passing the 7 week training programme. Obviously I know there has to be training, but does that mean that if you fail the training you're then out of a job?
Yes. You get two tries at each test though so don't worry if you fail one - which you won't!

It's rare that someone won't finish training, but if there is an individual who is clearly not progressing then the job perhaps isn't for them and training officers will pick up on that. Don't worry about that though, the training is pretty good :)

King80

Yes. You get two tries at each test though so don't worry if you fail one - which you won't!

It's rare that someone won't finish training, but if there is an individual who is clearly not progressing then the job perhaps isn't for them and training officers will pick up on that. Don't worry about that though, the training is pretty good :)

Ok, that's good to know, thanks. Still not heard anything about my test yet but they don't seem to rush with these things.

AB90

Finally got the results back from the first test. Has anyone else had an invite to the assessment day on 24.03?

King80

Had an email saying recruitment is now postponed because of coronavirus. I've passed the mini SCAAT test, but I may have to re apply anyway depending how long this lockdown continues. They can keep test results and applications on file for 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.