• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metrolink Exchange Square Distances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Perhaps the existing Manchester Metrolink chart compiler is waiting for the 2CC line to be completed, as Exchange Square is the only intermediate station, then the distances from there to both Victoria and to St Peters Square will then be shown on that chart.

Crossforth

Established Member
Just a quick bump to see if anyone knows the distances (metric prefereably) between Victoria and St Peter's Square via Exchange Square?

Cheers

WatcherZero

Established Member
Just know the extension is officially 1.3km measured from the base of the Deansgate ramp to Manchester Victoria.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Fares Advisor
I've been using 17 chains for Victoria to Exchange Square and 36 for Exchange Square to St Peters Square. I can't remember where I got them from and I can't guarantee they're particularly accurate, but they are good enough for my purposes.

djpontrack

I've been using 17 chains for Victoria to Exchange Square and 36 for Exchange Square to St Peters Square. I can't remember where I got them from and I can't guarantee they're particularly accurate, but they are good enough for my purposes.

That seems about right to me. I've left my mileage for that bit blank on Railmiles but I will put that in now. Thanks mate. :D

djpontrack

According to someone writing on Gensheet, according to the Branch Line Society diagram it is:

Victoria 0.00km
Exchange 0.42km
St Peters Square 1.29km

If I've converted it correctly, that makes it:

Victoria 0m00ch
Exchange Sq 0m21ch
St Peters Sq 0m64ch

This is slightly different from the distances earlier from Starmill.
Does anyone else have any other information on this matter so that we have an accurate distance that everyone can use? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.