• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metrolink M5000 Fleet Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mothball

3126 has now been delivered to Queens Road. 3124/25 have also been spotted out on mileage accumulation runs.

507 001

Established Member
Yesterday saw the entry to service of 3125. It is seen here standing at Rochdale Town Centre alongside its ten year old sibling, 3025.F9CFBBF0-9E07-40D6-BE03-20EBC6D23273.jpeg

DanNCL

Established Member
3121, 3122 and 3124 all seen in service today. 3121 and 3122 on the Airport route, 3124 on Ashton - Eccles. All three of them running as singles.

IMG_E6099.JPGIMG_E6123.JPGIMG_E6141.JPG
3100 was involved in a collision with a car last night at Exchange Quay, so may be out of service for a bit.
Seen in service today, so not out of service for too long.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I can confirm 3100 was out on Thursday, saw it at some point Thursday morning during a fester at St Peters Square.

Also had 3121-3124 over two days on Wednesday and Thursday, all running as singles. On Wednesday the new ones seemed to be confined to the Eccles line, but Thursday had 3122 on the Airport services.

Finally for this morning, can anyone confirm if there's any hope of 3027 returning to service?

Established Member
I’ve been wondering what was happening with this. When all of 3121-3147 are in service weren’t the Trafford Centre services meant to be extended to somewhere half way along the Bury line? I can’t remember where though and will they run via Exchange Square or Piccadilly Gardens? I’m saying Exchange Square has more spare capacity?

DanNCL

Established Member
I’ve been wondering what was happening with this. When all of 3121-3147 are in service weren’t the Trafford Centre services meant to be extended to somewhere half way along the Bury line? I can’t remember where though and will they run via Exchange Square or Piccadilly Gardens? I’m saying Exchange Square has more spare capacity?
Supposed to be Crumpsall, but I'm not sure when that's planned to begin.

Established Member
Supposed to be Crumpsall, but I'm not sure when that's planned to begin.
Presumably once enough new trams are in service to facilitate it. Do you expect this extension will run by the Second City Crossing, as the only service that currently uses this is Rochdale-East Didsbury (via the Midland Main line!)

DanNCL

Established Member
Presumably once enough new trams are in service to facilitate it. Do you expect this extension will run by the Second City Crossing, as the only service that currently uses this is Rochdale-East Didsbury (via the Midland Main line!)
I don't know which route across the city centre it'll use I'm afraid.

RHolmes

It’s meant to be via Market Street to align with the Bury line.

Hopefully this means the Airport line could potentially be changed to serve the 2CC

Established Member

Hopefully this means the Airport line could potentially be changed to serve the 2CC
Is there no demand for passengers from Crumpsall, Abraham Moss or Queens Road to get to Exchange Square. Provided the Bury-Altrincham service was running they would have direct access to all zone 1 stations except New Islington.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Is there no demand for passengers from Crumpsall, Abraham Moss or Queens Road to get to Exchange Square. Provided the Bury-Altrincham service was running they would have direct access to all zone 1 stations except New Islington.
Exchange Square gives access to the "rather better" shops in that general area (Harvey Nichols, Selfridges et al) and to the shops in the Royal Exchange, St Anns's Square and Deansgate.

507 001

Established Member

Nope, it was supposed to be going via 2CC for the exact opposite reason. 1CC is more or less at full capacity.

Current plan is for the extension to Crumpsall to happen in December. There are major engineering works due to start at Vic that prevent us from doing it earlier despite there now being enough new LRVs in service to facilitate it.

Regarding 3027, it will eventually turn to service, but when is anybodies guess. The accident damage that saw it stopped has been mostly repaired but it's now being used as a christmas tree.

The following was posted to the Manchester Metrolink M5000s facebook group on the 15th April, and is the result of a FOI request;

174220399_10224953428726744_5120032238749089022_n.jpg

Last edited:

Jamesrob637

Established Member
3015 and 3008 should therefore return to service this month if not already.

507 001

Established Member
3015 and 3008 should therefore return to service this month if not already.

Theoretically. I know the supply of spares has been disrupted by the construction of the new ones so everything is subject to change.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Thanks for the gen! Hopefully 3027 will be back by the autumn and it'll be scored on a leap somewhere. Plenty of new ones to do as well by then :D

RHolmes

There’s some sort of incident that’s happened between Manchester Victoria and Shudehill tram stops with three police cars and two fire engines in attendance.

All closed lines state ‘operational incident’ except for the Trafford line which states ‘derailment’

Attachments

• 56E8BAA4-5376-4E2F-90DD-8DCC41080EB3.jpeg
    56E8BAA4-5376-4E2F-90DD-8DCC41080EB3.jpeg
    363.4 KB · Views: 33

LOL The Irony

On Moderation
Yes. We’re not likely to scrap an LRV that’s just had god knows how much spent on it repairing and repainting one end of it…
Speaking of that, it's about time that the older trams start getting an external refresh. The yellow is faded, some of the vinyls have come off on most trams (the Media City trams are the worst offenders on this front) and they're just showing that they're 11 years old by this point. Maybe a good excuse to refresh the livery slightly as well.

py_megapixel

Established Member
Speaking of that, it's about time that the older trams start getting an external refresh. The yellow is faded, some of the vinyls have come off on most trams (the Media City trams are the worst offenders on this front) and they're just showing that they're 11 years old by this point. Maybe a good excuse to refresh the livery slightly as well.
I think if they're going to refresh the livery they should wait until the new GMCA bus scheme comes in, then take the opportunity to give the whole system a coherent identity.

amwells

Yes. We’re not likely to scrap an LRV that’s just had god knows how much spent on it repairing and repainting one end of it…

Understood and thank you - I wasn’t aware of the money and work that had gone into it (or whether for example it had turned into a Christmas tree)

ValleyLines142

Established Member
There’s some sort of incident that’s happened between Manchester Victoria and Shudehill tram stops with three police cars and two fire engines in attendance.

All closed lines state ‘operational incident’ except for the Trafford line which states ‘derailment’
Underground fire near Victoria. No injuries but caused a loss of power in the city centre. Passengers evacuated from stranded trams line side.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Underground fire near Victoria. No injuries but caused a loss of power in the city centre. Passengers evacuated from stranded trams line side.
I thought the two operatives working in the Balloon Street underfloor duct were taken to hospital. A build up of gas was cited as the matter that caused the fire according to the person to whom I spoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.