• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metrolink to be operated by Keolis Amey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

507 001

Established Member
It has just been announced that the new operators of Metrolink are to be Keolis Amey......

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simon11

Established Member
Finally! It was supposed to have been announced back on 12th December!

It will be interesting to see what the press think of Keolis with their Southern performance!

I can't seem to find any press material yet.

507 001

Established Member
Finally! It was supposed to have been announced back on 12th December!

It will be interesting to see what the press think of Keolis with their Southern performance!

I can't seem to find any press material yet.

The MEN have been reporting it and apparently AMEY have released a statement. TfGM also have a video. Nothing from Keolis themselves yet.

I wonder, does this mean I can have an SNCF badge?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Keolis tend not to lead consortia - their involvement in old TPE and GTR seem very much secondary to First and Go-Ahead. So this will be interesting.

Indeed!

Clip

Established Member
Keolis tend not to lead consortia - their involvement in old TPE and GTR seem very much secondary to First and Go-Ahead. So this will be interesting.

They are the lead in the DLR franchise 60/40 ISTR and with Keolis taking on the customer service side of things and Amey delivering the infrastructure side of it.

Apart from delivering the first ever strike on the DLR they seem to be doing alright.

daikilo

Established Member
Yes, this looks more like the DLR model. Intersting if Keolis is seen as better at this than RAPT-Dev!

WatcherZero

Established Member
Didn't realise Keolis had 51% of a partnership with an engineering firm to run Yarra Trams, the largest network in the world.

glbotu

As a User of both Yarra Trams and Metrolink i hope the standards don't slip Vandalism on Yarra is hardly ever covered up or replaced.

I think that's a cultural thing though. In Britain we're pretty good at cracking down on vandalism, whereas in pretty much most other countries, it's just seen as a mild nuisance, which means that they're quite happy to see vehicles out with graffiti.

Status
Not open for further replies.