• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Metrolink - unhappy with response

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool110

...in Liverpool if you buy a Saveaway it is valid on the day you bought it (Unless it is a scratch card that you validate yourself).

That's not been the case for a while now, it's been possible to buy a Saveaway on Walrus for the next day since September and ones bought at a station can be post-dated up to a year as with all walk-up tickets.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

fowler9

Established Member
That's not been the case for a while now, it's been possible to buy a Saveaway on Walrus for the next day since September and ones bought at a station can be post-dated up to a year as with all walk-up tickets.

Cheers mate, I thought about that after posting. You are in fact backing up my point though. There are loads of different arrangements. Is it the companies fault for not telling anyone or my fault for not reading up. I'd say its my fault. Anyway, I have a Trio, high five (In the words of Borat). :D

Clip

Established Member
The only thing I can see any of the posters doing here that might be the cause of "doing your nut in" is telling you things you don't want to hear.

Quite. Im surprised people are still trying to tell him anything because its blatantly obvious that they dont want to be telt. Such is the joy of this forum

ValleyLines142

Established Member
Well I had an email last night explaining that despite the fact I missed the T&Cs, which I did, the fact that it was evident I wasn't in Manchester AND the fact that I am an honest fare paying passenger and due to the fact there was a slight error on the app, they've refunded me the ticket, as well as telling me to be a bit more careful.

Case dealt with.

Last edited by a moderator:

najaB

Veteran Member
Well I had an email last night explaining that despite the fact I missed the T&Cs, which I did, the fact that it was evident I wasn't in Manchester AND the fact that I am an honest fare paying passenger and due to the fact there was a slight error on the app, they've refunded me the ticket, as well as telling me to be a bit more careful.
That is a good result. Perhaps it is worth suggesting that the 'auto-activate' feature is disabled if the device geo-location determines that you are outside of a certain radius of Manchester.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Anyone is entitled to post her subject to the forum rules. That means that people are entitled to post comments that disagree with other views. It means that advice can be given which individuals may not like, or wish to hear. That is something that everyone opens themselves up to simply by posting something themselves.

If this wasn't the case, it wouldn't be a forum at all. So please, everyone remember that we all have a right to air our views and to be treated with respect. It is perfectly possible to disagree with someone, and to challenge their opinion without becoming rude or personal.

DanTrainMan185, I'm pleased that you managed to achieve such a good outcome. I would not have bothered to pursue this myself, but had I advised you not do so, I believe it would have still been constructive advice. For many people, it would not have been worth their time and effort. Clearly you feel otherwise, which is your prerogative.

exile

Established Member
I thought the funniest comment was from someone who said the fact the phone was in Cardiff didn't mean Dan was in Cardiff. Yes, he lent his phone to someone and sent them to Cardiff just so he could make a claim against TGfM!

ValleyLines142

Established Member
I thought the funniest comment was from someone who said the fact the phone was in Cardiff didn't mean Dan was in Cardiff. Yes, he lent his phone to someone and sent them to Cardiff just so he could make a claim against TGfM!

Yes because that's totally a practical option....:roll:

najaB

Veteran Member
While I'm sure the particular poster didn't believe it one way or the other, the fact is - were this case to have ended up in court - that is exactly what the opposite side's legal team would have said.

Evidence that a phone was in a location isn't in itself proof that the phone's owner was in that location.

What it would mean, however, is that it wasn't possible to use the mobile ticket at that time which would be a much more productive line of argument.

Llanigraham

On Moderation

Yes I did make that statement, and I stand by it. I know plenty of people who "share" a phone, especially in small businesses, so it is quite possible.

Plus as said above, it would be a perfectly sensible question that could be asked by a Prosecutor.

Status
Not open for further replies.