• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MG11 issued, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mem

It's not difficult at all to avoid being 'caught' in first class.

First class is marked first class and pretty damn obvious (compared to other stock and how bad some trains have been marked in years gone by).

So you get on and assume it IS first class unless you've checked the timetable OR seen the platform screens saying it's at the front of the train only. Or asked staff. Or maybe even posted on here!

The only exception was/is when weekend 700s are replaced with 387s and the screens still say 'front of train' which is misleading, although maybe now fixed and hopefully a temporary issue as 700s should be used on weekends anyway. In that case, I'd expect an appeal to succeed, or for revenue officers to show discretion in the first place.

I really don't know what more needs to be done. Just assume it's first class, as marked, until you know for sure otherwise. You can't mess up then. It's not as if anyone HAS to be in first class - there's 7 and a half, or 11 and a half, coaches available. Even on the trains where it's declassified both ends, that's still a tiny part of the overall train.

Ok fair enough
But why not follow the correct procedure and give me a ticket eith the 21 days to pay instead of being a jobs worth and going straight for the mg11
Guess thry have to make up the compensation some how

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
If you don't settle out of court and the Persue it which is very likely then you will be found guilty in a court of law. Likely with a 3 figure fine and a criminal record.

Established Member
Ok fair enough
But why not follow the correct procedure and give me a ticket eith the 21 days to pay instead of being a jobs worth and going straight for the mg11
He did follow the correct procedure!

najaB

Veteran Member
I can see at least 4 different obvious ways to prove a RoRA offence and I'm sure GTR will too.
Oh, they definitely can make a case, they just might be happier with the slam-dunk Byelaw prosecution.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I don't think we can help any further.

Also a gentle reminder of this: Please read before posting in Disputes & Prosecutions; those asking for advice are asked to make their case clear from the outset, so that we can help. People replying should ensure their replies are helpful (or simply don't reply if you don't want to help!)

How Much more clear can thameslink make it ?

1. to enter the first class comparment you need to walk through a glass partition with a glass door that CLEARLY states on it 1st Class
2. All the seats have head covers on them again saying 1st class
3. The windows in that section have 1st class marked on them
Areas of the train are available to Standard class ticket holders which are marked in the manner you describe above, so I don't understand how this is helpful.
Ok fair enough
Can I also remind people of our forum rules under the heading Accessible.

As for the "jobsworth" comment; the definition of a "jobsworth" is someone who does their job to the letter without applying discretion, so if you are accusing them of doing their job properly, then I just don't think we are going to gain anything from this discussion.

If there are any further developments to this case, feel free to contact us and we may consider reopening this thread.

I suggest you seek legal advice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.