• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Michael Portillo: Great American Rail Journeys (Series 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pemma

Veteran Member
Starts tonight.

There's 20 episodes split in to 2 legs.

Leg 1 is Boston-Concord-Plymouth-Nantucket-Providence-New London-New Haven-Mount Washington-Burlington-Plattsburgh-Montreal-Ottawa-Thousand Islands-Oshawa-Toronto.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Requeststop

Even on the other side of the world, I've just watched the Boston and Massachusetts first episode and enjoyed it very much. Slightly biased here in that my brother moved to Cambridge Mass and I did visit often and saw quite a few views I am familiar with. (Massachusetts - thank god for Spell Check) Looking forward to much more delights.

Mikey C

Established Member
I enjoyed the sections in Canada especially. Quite interesting those Trillium trains in Ottawa, with its Coradia LINt DMUs

lejog

Established Member
Apparently there's an Indian series in the can and Portillo is off to Australia next.

pemma

Veteran Member
I enjoyed the sections in Canada especially.

I've not watched all of them but I've enjoyed the Canada ones partly because his tour through Canada followed a similar route to one I've done through Canada.

eastwestdivide

Established Member
I liked the way his bright orange jacket and blue trousers turned out to be the dullest clothing when visiting the drag queen brunch in San Fransisco.

Mikey C

Established Member
Portillo is at the England/Australia cricket today in Melbourne. Is he filming an Australian railway journey?

GodAtum

On Moderation
had some de ja vu! Michel went to the same place to make fortune cookies as Rick Stein I think?

I'm sure the film crew loved filming in WB studios and the stunt scene!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.