• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Microsoft Edge problems with RC4 cipher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Crossover

Established Member
Update to the "new" Edge - it is built on Chromium and from early testing I have done it behaves much better (and doesn't have the Google spy factor to it)

pdq

The latest version of Edge - with the '3D' green/blue icon rather than the flat blue one - is based on the Chromium browser and all Chrome extensions will work with it. Having used it for a month or two, the only real world differences I've found are that Chrome syncs to your Google account and uses Google as its default search engine; whilst Edge syncs to your Microsoft account and defaults to Bing.

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
The latest version of Edge - with the '3D' green/blue icon rather than the flat blue one - is based on the Chromium browser and all Chrome extensions will work with it. Having used it for a month or two, the only real world differences I've found are that Chrome syncs to your Google account and uses Google as its default search engine; whilst Edge syncs to your Microsoft account and defaults to Bing.

If there much in the way of betterment between Google and Bing as search engines for general domestic users?

BluePenguin

On Moderation
If there much in the way of betterment between Google and Bing as search engines for general domestic users?
Not at all, a search engine is just that. Personally I prefer using Bing as I earn Microsoft points which I can then cash out for a gift card every so often. On the home page there is always a photo of some beautiful scenery to look at too. Having my browsing history synced to my Microsoft account is useful Some people say Google gives you better search results but I have never had any trouble finding what I need with Bing. It really is down to what you prefer.

I used Google as my default search for a long time but worry about my privacy. Chrome as my go to for a long time. In the end I got fed up of the amount of RAM Chrome was using.

Bevan Price

Established Member
I use "DuckDuckGo" as my preferred search engine. It seems fairly quick & efficient, and, unlike Google, it is reputed not to snoop on your personal info. in the way that Google can. My preferred browser is Firefox, although I am just trying the new version of Edge - Chromium. I did not like the older version of Edge -- I found it tended to do more what Microsoft wanted rather than what I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.