• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mid Hants Railway - ECS / light engine moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicjoynson

I notice that the Mid Hants railway's standard service starts and ends at Alresford. Given that engines are shedded at Ropley, and not being too familiar with the Mid Hants, can someone tell me whether the coaches are left at Alresford at the end of the day and the loco runs LE from Ropley to Alresford at the start of the day? Or... is there ECS working from Alresford to Ropley?

Nic

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DerekC

Established Member
Surprised you didn't get a response to this. I am just an observant local, not involved in MHR operation. Observation is that there is lots of ECS parked at the down end of Alresford station (on the bridge over the road to Cheriton) and that locomotives appear light engine from the Ropley direction. So I think that paints a picture. Why did you want to know?

Train wasp

Coaches are stabled at Alresford and Alton stations. Locos run LE from Ropley to both stations. Apart from steam gala's when the first up service starts from Ropley.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.