• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Midland Metro - buy tickets on board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeGJ1984

With the Midland Metro, do you buy tickets on board from the conductor? I could have sworn I saw something to that effect on the Network West Midlands website, but I can't find it again.

I'm thinking of arriving at Birmingham Snow Hill by train (not possessing a ticket valid on the tram), then taking the tram to Wolverhampton St Georges. I presume because Snow Hill is barriered, you would if starting from 'outside' Snow Hill station have to buy a ticket to get through the barriers if you do not have one already. However, in my case I will be arriving on a train so will be inside the barriers. Would I have to leave through the barriers to get to the ticket office? Or could I just board the tram and buy a ticket from the conductor?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
The entrance to the Midland Metro terminus at Snow Hill is outside of the barriers for the National Rail platforms and is not barriered itself. Tickets are indeed bought from the conductor on board the tram.

SS4

Established Member
You generally buy on board, the metro platforms are not barriered. If you're coming from outside the NWM area then a Birmingham PlusBus is valid on the metro and is cheaper than buying on board

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I'm sure someone's also mentioned the TVMs at BSW selling Metro tickets, the only station to do so?

JoeGJ1984

I bought my ticket from the conductor - it cost me £3.50 for the whole route from Birmingham Snow Hill to Wolverhampton St Georges.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I can't see a £3.50 fare anywhere, what ticket was it?

The Midland Metro seems quite expensive in comparison to the Tyne & Wear Metro etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.