• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Midland Metro

Status
Not open for further replies.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Will be great for the cricket ground. No more rip off 'special bus' ( yes I know there are local options)

I wonder if this will allow a further ground expansion?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheDavibob

Will be great for the cricket ground. No more rip off 'special bus' ( yes I know there are local options)

I wonder if this will allow a further ground expansion?

Unfortunately, it runs nowhere near the cricket ground, running north of the Cross City line, so Five Ways (mainline, not the proposed new tram stop that is confusingly on the other side of the roundabout) is still the closest rail/tram stop, and still most of two (?) miles away.

dvboy

Established Member
Indeed you would be best getting the 45, 47, X61 or 63 from the city centre, or the 1 from Five Ways for the cricket ground (avoid the "specials").

Well I see they have moved the large piece of scrap iron today too enable the extension. If only they could lose it for good.:roll:

Well I see they have moved the large piece of scrap iron today too enable the extension. If only they could lose it for good.:roll:

For the uninitiated, poster is referring to Anthony Gormley's Iron: Man statue... which I rather like, actually. :P

p1069857793-3.jpg

Birmingham's Antony Gormley Iron: Man statue removed

A Birmingham landmark has been lifted out of its home to make way for new tram line.

Antony Gormley's Iron: Man statue was eased out of the ground by two cranes in Victoria Square on Tuesday.

The statue, which stood outside Birmingham Council House, needs to be moved to another location in the square because it stands in the path of a Midland Metro extension.

It was a gift to the city by the Trustee Savings Bank, in March 1993.
Cast at Firth Rixon Castings in Willenhall, it represents the traditional skills of Birmingham and the Black Country.

Iron: Man will return to a nearby location by the end of next year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...gham-s-antony-gormley-iron-man-statue-removed

Status
Not open for further replies.