• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Midland Railway -Butterley

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gricer

I've finally gotten round to uploading some photos I took at the Midland Railway a couple of weekends ago.

You'll find them here

Frank

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The Gricer

I'll never outgrow Thomas the Tank!:grin: I was quite sorry to see both my lads reach an age where they regarded Thomas as just kids stuff and my excuse for being a fan had seemed to disappear. But then what the hell! Who needs an excuse?

Frank

Dennis

Established Member
Yeah, but kids can be a bit obsseive about these things - I used to feel like hurling something at the telly after seeing an episode for the nine hundreth time. I'm sure that with a little prompting I could still recite most of the books by heart!

Favourite TTTE story? The one where Thomas end up with fish in his tanks after getting water out of the river. To quote the Fat Controller 'mmm, that was good'.

Coxster

Established Member
Wouldn't 'DMMU lineup at Butterley' be a better caption than 'Diesel' on this page?

Some great piccys there though, despite you leaving me at home! Interesting to see 50007 here before receiving it's green livery.

The one on the right here is actually not 101692 as written on the front, but is a Class 114 DMBS (50019).

The Gricer

Coxster said:
Wouldn't 'DMMU lineup at Butterley' be a better caption than 'Diesel' on this page?
I knew you wouldn't give up until you found an error somewhere! Well if that's the worse you can find then I'm not too bothered.

Coxster said:
The one on the right here is actually not 101692 as written on the front, but is a Class 114 DMBS (50019).
Yes I know. Didn't you see the note on that page? It's obviously not a 101. How do you know that it's 114/50019?

Frank Dad

Coxster

Established Member
The Gricer said:
How do you know that it's 114/50019?
See the attached image from the RailCar Assosiation's website. I'm sure it is the same thing as it looks similar, has the high-level light on the roof, the written on number, green primer in exactly the same places etc.

Attachments

• jm03.jpg
    jm03.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 9

TheSlash

Established Member
It is somewhere that i must visit to gain spiritual enlightenment of 101682 / 101660 as of shouts of "We'll get the Thumper out" no longer seem to cure the technical problems of said unit

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Coxster said:

Mwahahaha! The Class 127 is not a Diesel Mechanical Multiple Unit, it is a Diesel Hydraulic Multiple Unit! One of the first too.

For reference purposes, the 127 is on the far left of that shot, with 'St. Pancras' showing on the destination blind. I believe the restoration of the unit is coming along quite well, or at least it was last time I spoke with one of the chaps doing it.

Coxster

Established Member
Jamie said:
Mwahahaha! The Class 127 is not a Diesel Mechanical Multiple Unit, it is a Diesel Hydraulic Multiple Unit! One of the first too.

For reference purposes, the 127 is on the far left of that shot, with 'St. Pancras' showing on the destination blind. I believe the restoration of the unit is coming along quite well, or at least it was last time I spoke with one of the chaps doing it.
Who cares about the 127 - wasn't one of their nicknames 'bedpan' for working Bedford to St Pancras? ;)

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Yup, I seem to remember I made a BedPan 127 image, ripping off the InterCity 125 branding, only with a nice blue bedpan instead of the double arrow logo.

And I care about the 127, they've got more doors to slam than a 101, more fun! ;)

Coxster

Established Member
Jamie said:
Yup, I seem to remember I made a BedPan 127 image, ripping off the InterCity 125 branding, only with a nice blue bedpan instead of the double arrow logo.
This? I found in my received files folder.

Attachments

• Pre-Thameslink.jpg
    Pre-Thameslink.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.