• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Midlands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coxster

Established Member
I will be staying in a hotel 5 minutes from Derby station from Sunday 21st - Wednesday 24th August and could meet up with members sometime over that period. If you'd be interested, PM me and we could make ameet out of it.

Any rovers for the area?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jd

I live in B'ham, I'd be interested in some sort of meet. However, I've just noticed that's when I'm on holiday.... :(

Nick

Coxster said:
I will be staying in a hotel 5 minutes from Derby station from Sunday 21st - Wednesday 24th August and could meet up with members sometime over that period. If you'd be interested, PM me and we could make ameet out of it.

Any rovers for the area?

A trip to Loughborough is rather cheap per child via either Central Trains or Midland Mainline, and a double track main line awaits you!

Coxster

Established Member
jdan said:
I live in B'ham, I'd be interested in some sort of meet. However, I've just noticed that's when I'm on holiday.... :(
That's a shame, Jdan :cry:

Coxster

Established Member
Nick said:
Coxster said:
A trip to Loughborough is rather cheap per child via either Central Trains or Midland Mainline, and a double track main line awaits you!
That's what I was planning to do ;)

steve158

Coxster said:

Any rovers for the area?

best one is probably the derbyshire wayfarer which costs £7.50(£9 if you extend it to beeston and nottingham)which allows you on all buses and trains in the county.

more info on here - http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/transp...ets_passes/rover_tickets/derbyshire_wayfarer/

jd

Coxster said:
That's a shame, Jordan :cry:

My username is deceiving, Cox. But take a look at my MSN display name...

EDIT: Or indeed my banner below... LOL

Jordy

Established Member
I was thinking that - surely they can't be 2 Jordans on this forum!! ;)

Jordy

jd

Yeah, the J was initally a typo when I registered on TTF ages ago, and I just kept it, it stuck...

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Theres also the East Midlands Day Rover which I might be interested in doing.

Guinness

Established Member
I've done the East Midlands Rover last year on a forum meet. Very good for money. Especially if you use it for 7 days instead of the 3. :P

It's also Vaild to Banbury Damon. ;)

Guinness

Established Member
Beware Midland Mainline aren't suppose to except it. :(

If you do get it, try the Matlock Branch. Very interesting scenary on a hot summers day. :)

Also, what routes do Northern Actually operate on this map?

Lewisham2221

Established Member
Chaz, I think you are thinking of the Heart of England rover, not the East Midland's one (I can't quite see Oxford being classed as the East Midland's ;) )

Guinness

Established Member
Marv said:
Chaz, I think you are thinking of the Heart of England rover, not the East Midland's one (I can't quite see Oxford being classed as the East Midland's ;) )

You need to read a bit more on page 1. ;)

Northern don't operate from Crewe - Stoke. Possibly on one ECS journey....

Lewisham2221

Established Member
I think the only route Northern operate on that map is a little bit between Stoke and Kidsgrove (Kidsgrove isn't actually on the map but its just before Alsager) on the evening Stoke-Manchester service.

Status
Not open for further replies.