• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mileage Competition 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Like Techniquest, I am still plodding along with the adding up.

Current total is 42,142 - still missing a few bits and pieces plus need to work out the distances for my weekend in Germany earlier this month (Oops, last month :lol:)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Like Techniquest, I am still plodding along with the adding up.

Current total is 42,142 - still missing a few bits and pieces plus need to work out the distances for my weekend in Germany earlier this month (Oops, last month :lol:)

Bloody hell, that eclipses my 19,322.25 miles by some way!!!

Leaves me wondering how some people manage such crazy figures...

Gizmogle

Established Member
I'll sort this out sometime soon and finish the table for 2008!

Should there be a new thread for 2009 mileage?

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Argh! People are already out racking up the mileage! I'm already falling behind!

And to answer Gizmogle: Yes there most definately should be!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
When the dust settles on this crash at Colwich tomorrow, I might be out for some rare track and mileage myself this weekend...

Gizmogle

Established Member
2008 is over! I hope everyone had a good year and enjoyed their mass amounts of mileages.

Top Ten
  1. 33056 ---------------- 42,142 miles
  2. 37402 ---------------- 37,582 miles
  3. Jim ------------------ 30,809 miles
  4. swlines -------------- 29,428 miles
  5. 37412 ---------------- 26,250 miles
  6. valentaman ----------- 29,090 miles
  7. jacknottm ------------ 21,862 miles
  8. Mintona -------------- 21,443 miles
  9. Gizmogle ------------- 21,417 miles
  10. Jordy ---------------- 20,791 miles

Overall, we've covered 480,995 miles.

Last edited:

1D53

Established Member
I never updated mine since October, I need to fix it.

Established Member
Leaves me wondering how some people manage such crazy figures...

Quite easy; a few trips to Europe, preferably by Eurostar......
Germany is good for racking up the miles, managed over 2,000 in five days last month - it would have been more if 103 245 had come out to play on the Monday :(

As previously mentioned, I have not been trying this year - just couldn't be bothered with the UK these days. Perhaps I ought to get my other half to enter - he has more time off than me and goes out a lot more. Or maybe my mate in Austria; his idea of an evening out is a quick spin from Vienna to Innsbruck and back after work (over 600 miles :shock:), he also covers the whole of the system in the Austrian timetable every year (no, I'm not going to work that out!)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Quite easy; a few trips to Europe, preferably by Eurostar......

Ah right, fair play to that idea. Gotta be uber rich to manage to do that terribly often!

Germany is good for racking up the miles, managed over 2,000 in five days last month - it would have been more if 103 245 had come out to play on the Monday :(

Pretty damn impressive that! I struggle to hit that in a month (only beat 2,000 in two months, January and December 2008), so I tip my hat to thou.

As previously mentioned, I have not been trying this year - just couldn't be bothered with the UK these days. Perhaps I ought to get my other half to enter - he has more time off than me and goes out a lot more. Or maybe my mate in Austria; his idea of an evening out is a quick spin from Vienna to Innsbruck and back after work (over 600 miles :shock:), he also covers the whole of the system in the Austrian timetable every year (no, I'm not going to work that out!)

Fair enough really, I still have my traction running over here so I don't need foreign jaunts. But your mate in Austria, he's got good taste then! Sounds much more interesting than what the seemingly average UK adult calls an evening out!

metrocammel

hmmm. i've never bothered with the mileage thing before, but seen as I'm on about 750 already, though not quite as good as Mr. Robinson, I may as well give it a go this year!

laseandre

Established Member
Dunno what it stands for, but it's something to do with PRIVs that lets the user get 50/75% off rail travel in certain European countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.