• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mileage Competition 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

me123

Established Member
758 from saturday :D (plus 808 I asked for about 3 months ago....)

Sam

Work your own mileage out; we don't do your maths! It can easily cause confusion.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
How do you work out the millage then ?

Quite easy. CORE is probably the easiest to use. It's an (out of date) system that gives valid routes based on the Routeing Guide. It also feeds back mileages for each route. However, it does have its limitations. For example, it does not always show all routes (to save space) and therefore you may need to split the journey up to get the mileage.

The National Rail Timetable also gives rough mileages, which are probably good enough for what we're looking for.

People also seem to use spreadsheets to keep track of their mileage; the SUM function makes life a lot easier!

me123

Established Member
Well, you could have gone backwards :roll:

Can I just ask; do you want your total to be 3348 then?

Gizmogle

Established Member
Wow Chris. You're rather helpful when it comes to this mileage business.

I always leave it for ages and then prepare myself for a big fat update...only to find the last post saying that it's already been done :D

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Please can someone tell me the mileage between South Ruislip, and London Euston, for the VT Blockbuster Super Voyagers, or alternatively between Coventry and Euston via the Chiltern line, as i've worked it out as South Ruislip, and got stuck.

John_158

I think that if you went through my diary for thus year alone that i could have beeten everyone that is if you include Daily Miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.