• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mileage Competition 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

starrymarkb

Established Member
Would it not be sensible to give the option to decimalise the mile (ie 30.6 miles) on Railmiles etc.. as it is I tend to round to the nearest mile...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I genuinely thought I'd be high up the table after my Cheshire Day Ranger bash. I've just added all the moves to my RailMiles pages, 333 miles and 28 chains. Figured I'd be in the top three, and to be fair I might have been when that bash finished at 1231 on 2nd January. As it is right now, I'm 6th :cry:

Still, going to boost the mileage significantly on my Brussels trip tomorrow <D

EXD

A day trip to Exmouth provided me with a rather unimpressive 17 miles start the year, although this will improve with a trip to London tomorrow. I'm not sure what total mileage to expect this year, but I'd like to beat last year's total if possible.

dcd

Does anyone have the mileage for this. I did it yesterday and the Mileage Engine does not know about the new line yet.

Crossover

Established Member
Not getting even a chain done until 26 January, as much as I'd love to, exams need to take priority! That said there's a slight chance I may one day get the train to or from college, but it ain't likely. But hey, ten-fourteen weeks off for summer will see that compensation is suitably dealt for January.

Likewise I have no planned mileage until 1st February - that will be a nice(!) early morning journey to Manchester Airport, and then within the few days after a bit in Germany, and then back from Manchester Airport a few days later.

noddy1878

Established Member
Should get my first miles of 2013 on Thursday. My first major mileage should come later in the month however when i have a short break away up in Northern England with various rangers planned to scratch required track.

My year underway.

1st trip of the year today

180107 on sunday morning GC, this week been diverted via a reversal at Whitehall Curve. Then went up to Thirsk for work reasons.

People were asking if work miles should count, but in my case, it wont make a massive difference.

Total for day: 134.75 (three quarters)

class57basher

Finally on the board with a exeter to newton abbot trip only 20 miles nut aken 6 days to get onto the board

Trainfan344

Established Member
Looks like my big trip planned for the 13th isn't going ahead, :( too expensive (£117 for return tickets)

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
I'm still on a big fat zero according to my records...

TP

gnolife

Established Member
Don't you just love daft answers :D

Attachments

• RUK Mileages 2013.jpg
    RUK Mileages 2013.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Well then discounting the muppet who has obviously made up his numbers, I'm well chuffed that I'm at the top of the table with 1,166 miles so far this year! It would be a bit higher but I can't find Brussels Metro/tram mileages yet.

How long will I stay at the top though? <D

Trainfan344

Established Member
You never know he could have been travelling non-stop for the last 10 days...

Temple Meads

Established Member
Can a mod/admin please do something about the joker at the top of the table?

As there's no way that figure is genuine..

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Can a mod/admin please do something about the joker at the top of the table?

As there's no way that figure is genuine..

We try and deal with incidents as soon as possible where entries which cannot possibly be real are brought to our attention. However this does take time to allow for innocent mistakes, etc, to be corrected so will take a good few days at least. Meanwhile please ignore such entries as they will disappear in due course.

Trog

Established Member
Well then discounting the muppet who has obviously made up his numbers, I'm well chuffed that I'm at the top of the table with 1,166 miles so far this year! It would be a bit higher but I can't find Brussels Metro/tram mileages yet.

How long will I stay at the top though? <D

About five hours and thirty minutes. :lol:

Temple Meads

Established Member
We try and deal with incidents as soon as possible where entries which cannot possibly be real are brought to our attention. However this does take time to allow for innocent mistakes, etc, to be corrected so will take a good few days at least. Meanwhile please ignore such entries as they will disappear in due course.

Ok, thanks :)

Clip

Established Member
Hmm I roughly do 175 miles a week on my commute to work which isnt bad but its all the small journeys in between stations I visit I could never keep track of.

Interesting little thing to do though. Ill keep an eye on this over the year with a view to joining in next year I think.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I missed out in 2012 due to various issues. Unfortunate really as I did rack up quite a lot of miles. This year my journeys will be more frequent but much shorter.

Trainfan344

Established Member
I did Erdington to Wolverhampton and Wolverhampton St George's to Birmingham Snow Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.