• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mileage Competition 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I'm now up to 2561mi 17ch for this year. In both January and February I've fallen just short of my total for 2012, and it looks likely I'll do the same for March. I did only manage to travel 291 miles last April, however, so stand a good chance of beating that.

D6975

Established Member
Total mileage is 11 miles. Soemone has done an FOI request, but is still awaiting a response from the Borough Council.

Thanks, but I knew the total, it's the intermediates that I'm after. I wish I'd used the GPS on my phone now, didn't think of it at the time.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Total mileage is 11 miles. Soemone has done an FOI request, but is still awaiting a response from the Borough Council.

You might have a long wait. I have an FoI request with them for the same thing and it is already 6 days overdue.

Ivo

Established Member
I'm finally off the mark for 2013 :lol:

A highly unoriginal total of 149mi 39ch - Bath Spa to Thorpe Bay via the Hammersmith & City line :roll:

Techniquest

Veteran Member
All got to start somewhere! Quite, I need to get my totals flying up a bit too, can't wait to get on a proper bash again on Monday and a week on Saturday <D

If anyone wondering why I've shot up the table into the top 6, Ive been on a weeks all-line doing a mix of easter diversions, winner track in Cambridgshire/Essex and winner units.

D841 Roebuck

Established Member
Just scraped into four figures, with a trip to the Norway Open.

Bonus new shack (Rainhill) as well.

dcd

Sorry to be a pain but can someone give me these mileages or tell me how to get them myself without Rail Mileage Engine as I cannot find the correct descripitions.

King's Cross to Baker Street (Hammersmith & City)
Baker Street to Marylebone (Bakerloo)
Elephant & Castle to Waterloo (Bakerloo)

Thanks in advance for any help

Ivo

Established Member
You can still use Railmiles if you know how...

...and this excellent data from bb21 gives you the exact information you need. All the appropriate station names for LUL are shown.

Using this, I can tell you that:

King's Cross to Baker Street (Hammersmith & City) = 1mi 39ch
Baker Street to Marylebone (Bakerloo) = 0mi 25ch
Elephant & Castle to Waterloo (Bakerloo) = 1mi 04ch

dcd

Thanks Ivo and bb21, I shan't have to ask again.

Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Does anyone have the mileage for Moorfields to Hunts + (on a direct Merseyrail train)?

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
does anyone have the mileage for moorfields to hunts + (on a direct merseyrail train)?

07/53

railmiles said:
distance: 7mi 53ch - show the route on a map
route: Moorfields (northern line station), liverpool central, brunswick, st michaels, aigburth, cressington, garston (merseyside), liverpool south parkway (low level), hunts cross west junction, hunts cross

High Dyke

Established Member
Another 692 miles added with a perambulation from Birmingham - London and back (via Reading) followed by a West Mids Day Ranger. Reports to follow.

Last edited:

Trainfan344

Established Member
Did Lowestoft to Sheringham and back on Saturday, Just over 108 miles of traveling, have a Anglia Plus trip soon so my Mileage is going up.

jamieP

Hi all im currently updateing some loco milage but have left my maps at home.
Was hoping if someone was board enough if they could you out the milage for-

Thornton to Aberdeen and rtn to Edinburgh-

Thornton to Fort William via Stirling-

Fort William to Edinburgh via the Sub-

York to Bristol via the NNL-

Bristol to Cardiff via the tunnel-

Cardiff to Shewsbury-

Shewsbury to Crewe the direct route-

Many thanks in advance :)

High Dyke

Established Member
Thornton to Aberdeen and rtn to Edinburgh- 230m 58c

Thornton to Fort William via Stirling- 198m 18c

Fort William to Edinburgh via the Sub-

York to Bristol via the NNL-

Bristol to Cardiff via the tunnel- 38m 06c

Cardiff to Shewsbury- 107m 17c

Shewsbury to Crewe the direct route- 32m 63c

gavinjustice

Went round Strathclyde to get the remaing 3 SPT 320's and 4 170's which then took me well over the 1,000 mile mark (previous total 981 miles) to 1127 miles.

trentside

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I'm now up to 4371mi 16ch for the year so far.

I managed 343mi 17ch in April and 900mi 67ch so far for May, with more due to be added over the course of this week. I've now largely completed the suburban services in South London and am about to tidy up a few bits in Yorkshire which should hopefully bring me over 1000 miles for May.

starrymarkb

Established Member
Just added Schönefeld-Leipzig via Berlin Hbf and back for a nice 250ish miles - means I'm not bottom any more

Trainfan344

Established Member
Shall add up my mileage for my Anglia Plus trip last weekend, plus a trip out to Norwich this weekend.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Still got a lot of Tube moves to add from last week yet, as well as fixing mileages for some of the moves on the mainline, so I haven't got my figures on here updated yet. I'll get there eventually, and I could do it today but I've got a lot of other stuff to do today, ahead of a week off to Ireland :)

12CSVT

Established Member
Have updated my milage for the first time in about 2 months - and rapidly closing in on 20,000 miles for the year !

Trainfan344

Established Member
Having added up the mileage from my Anglia Plus trip and Norwich trip, I have managed 352 Miles of travel.

crispy1978

Just updated mine from a manic month of train journeys - including some more tonight which haven't been added yet - total 4419 miles and 49 chains!

Status
Not open for further replies.