• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mileage Competition 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Sounds like things are more than grim up there :( Feel free to PM me should you wish to talk about it. Little busy today but I'll reply as soon as I can.

You're ahead of me on mileage in 2017 now, you may be surprised to hear. Not for long I must point out mind, as I'm off to London in a few hours time <D

Until then, I'm on 6,321 after Friday's Cambrian trip. I'll be on much more than that later, and of course next month I'll be flying way ahead of my targets <D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Sounds like things are more than grim up there :( Feel free to PM me should you wish to talk about it. Little busy today but I'll reply as soon as I can.

You're ahead of me on mileage in 2017 now, you may be surprised to hear. Not for long I must point out mind, as I'm off to London in a few hours time <D

Until then, I'm on 6,321 after Friday's Cambrian trip. I'll be on much more than that later, and of course next month I'll be flying way ahead of my targets <D

Thanks, I've sent you a message. :)

I'm planning a big day out soon, but where that is I'm not sure yet. I still require 142058 and 156479 for a ride to clear Northern's current active fleet for haulage, so I'll probably go and try to find those sooner rather than later. A daytrip or two in the Midlands is being considered too, because I still have quite a few East Midlands Trains and London Midland units still required for a ride as well.

Established Member
Nice!

6,833 for me as it stands. Off to London on a mini bash this Thursday evening and Friday morning, so that'll boost my numbers somewhat.

I'm not sure how many more I'll be adding this month, although I expect once the Wirral Line services start running around the Loop Line again I'll be heading over to the Wirral to start ticking off some more stations required for a visit. I am considering heading up to the North East to try and find my last Northern DMU required for a ride, but time will tell.

Of course, my second ALR of the year is next month, too. It's pencilled in for the second week of July at the moment.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
My ALR is still 16 days away, the time is going so slowly! Well, 16 days at this time Day 1 will almost be over, 15 days at this time I'll be on a positioning move by bus to Cardiff, oh the days are dragging and it won't be much longer until I actually count the hours! <D

I'm hoping my post-ALR update on this thread will see me announcing that I'm well clear of 10,000 miles but only one way to find out. Surely not a challenge to clear 3,000 in what will have been an 8 day bash with Operation Beer Bash 2 as well? Time will tell...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
For less than 6 months into 2017, I think I'm doing rather well for a part-time basher. Currently I'm on a rather reasonable 7,295 miles for the year and I have a lot of high mileage days coming up this month, thanks to an ALR <D If I don't clear 10,000 by the end of the month I'll be disgraced!

I'm not far off smashing my 2013 total, which is fantastic news for me :D

sk688

Anyone know what the following distances are :

Hatch End - Euston

New Barnet - Highbury and Islington

And Clapham - harrow too

Would be much appreciated

A Challenge

Established Member
Anyone know what the following distances are :

Hatch End - Euston 13mi 22ch

New Barnet - Highbury and Islington 7mi 75ch

And Clapham - harrow too assuming Harrow and Wealdstone via Southern 11mi 73ch

Would be much appreciated
See edit to quote, all from RMME

Trainfan344

Established Member
4,005 miles for me now after totting up the miles from my North Norfolk Gala visit.

cf111

Established Member
An unexpected trip to Glasgow has me at 8,929. I am only doing this out of curiosity and I do a lot more mileage than I was expecting!

fishquinn

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Hi all,

Does anyone have the following mileages for the Manchester Metrolink?

Victoria-St Peters Square
Exchange Square-St Peters Square

Cheers :)

PeterY

Established Member
Compared to some of you guys, I'm a bit of a light weight. 3,633 miles so far.

Established Member
After my week away, I have successfully managed to clear 30K miles now with a total of 30,019 so far this year.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I thought it was generally accepted we weren't having a league table this year.

I've cleared 10,000 miles following my ALR and Operation Beer Bash 2, but not yet finished my RM update. That is one of several jobs for tomorrow...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Good morning all,

Just about to crack on with my RM update, once I bang on some tunes and load up Google to do conversions.

Question is, now I've done it, I still haven't come across any mileage data for Victoria to St Peters Square via Exchange Square on Metrolink. Does anyone have this data please?

EDIT: Before the moves including 2CC, I'm now on 10,244 miles for 2017 so far! Approximately 4,244 ahead of target. I've not a lot lined up for July, but bits and bobs in August including a visit to Prague. I'll smash past my original target of 12,000 miles now, although I sadly doubt I'll beat my best ever figure of well over 17,000 miles about 10 years ago. It would be nice to do mind...

Last edited:

Established Member
Not a big update from me, but I'm now up to 7,728 miles so far for the year.

My second ALR is deferred until later in the year due to other commitments, but it will happen.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Not a big update from me, but I'm now up to 7,728 miles so far for the year.

My second ALR is deferred until later in the year due to other commitments, but it will happen.

Fair game to that, if I had my way I'd be doing another ALR in October but that's not realistic! Well it is but it isn't if that makes sense!

crehld

Established Member
Currently on 9277. Hope to break the 10k barrier by the end of this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.