• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mileage Competition 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'm on 11,000 and something, I've not checked since arriving at Manchester Airport a month ago! Still a megaton of journeys to add from that trip, but the will is not there and I need to renew my RM subscription. The money for which is simply not there at the moment, social events are taking up my time and money!

I *might* return to the UK rails eventually...

High Dyke

Established Member
A cracking month for me, just below 2000 miles. That was in just five days travelling, but helped by a return trip on the Caledonian Sleeper and the 210 round trip to/from London to catch it. :D

Last edited:

Dhassell

10 months in and still waiting for this table :P
Would be it possible to have the Light Rail and LU links put back in? These were very helpful.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'm not quite done with my enormous RailMiles update, the British moves are nearly all in though. However I've realised that I need mileage data for the following if anyone here can provide them:

Basel SBB - Zurich HB via Liestel
Zurich HB - Chur
Chur - Tirano avoiding St. Moritz
Tirano - Milano Centrale

I'd be more than appreciative of any help on those, or where to find the gen. I can tell you all in the meantime I've smashed my 12,000 miles target, but by how much remains to be seen. There isn't much at all left on the bashing scene for the rest of 2017, so the figure I should be posting later (not 100% accurate as I will have light rail moves from Prague and Milan to add) will almost be my final one of the year!

dcd

Basel SBB - Zurich HB via Liestel
Zurich HB - Chur
Chur - Tirano avoiding St. Moritz
Tirano - Milano Centrale
I got these from the European Timetable but they only have it in Kilometres so I have converted the whole k into miles and chains. Here are the results

Basel SBB - Zurich HB via Liestel. 91k /56m43ch
Zurich HB - Chur. 116k /72m 6ch
Chur - Tirano avoiding St. Moritz. 144k/ 89m 38ch
Tirano - Milano Centrale 156k/ 96m 74ch

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Many thanks, if I was a bit more awake tonight I'd add them to my total but I can do that in the morning. Sorry it's taken me a while to respond, I've been...distracted lately!

A Challenge

Established Member
Updated my spreadsheet to the end of my 3 day Thames Rover. 1218 miles exactly, 593mi 23ch of which was on the rover, more than half, meaning 559mi 10ch wasn't

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I'm ending 2017, as I doubt I'll be on the rails again now until next year, on 12,917 miles. Not bad for a part timer!

Established Member
I haven't been out on the rails for a while, although I have got my journeys up to date. I'm planning to calculate the mileage from these soon, but I probably won't be out on the rails very much until Northern's new/cascaded trains and the 769s start to enter service. I've deferred visiting the remaining Merseyrail stations I still haven't been to yet until Spring/Summer next year, I've not really had the time or the interest to visit any of them this year unfortunately.

I may go back out on the rails before the end of the year, but I doubt it'll be anything significant mileage wise.

dcd

My total for the year has reached 20452 which I think will be the final total, a record year for me. This is all leisure travel with no commuting etc. Shame there is no league table as it would be nice to know where it comes.

Dhassell

1 Year Later, and the table never did come :lol:.
My final total is 13645 Miles!

cf111

Established Member
15,068 for me in 2017. A trip from Glasgow to Ayr and back via Kilmarnock pushed me over 15,000. This year I'll be lucky to get 5k!

PeterY

Established Member
Last year was the first time I'd recorded my mileage. I enjoy, on the whole train travel and I can never complete with the "professionals" on here.

4,552 miles.

Established Member
I finish the year on 10,992 miles, with my last rail journey of the year being from Sheffield to Liverpool Lime Street on October 19th.

Next year it will be a focus on Merseyrail stations and Northern's new stock, so I expect very low mileage in 2018.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
My year ended finishing on 12,964 which is not bad for a part-timer.

Not expecting to hit even 5,000 miles this year!

Trainfan344

Established Member
7,790 miles and 14 chains for me in the end. Total of the previous to years and then a bit more on top. I'll be lucky to hit 2K I reckon this year.

Crossover

Established Member
I’ve not kept up with Railmiles in the last year and I’m not likely to have it sorted anytime soon. My mileage is significantly down on the last few years, though

Status
Not open for further replies.