Milngavie - Lenzie cycle route (Strathkelvin Railway Parh)

Discussion in 'Trip Planning & Reports' started by yorkie, 8 Aug 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yorkie

yorkie Forum Staff Staff Member Administrator

I'm posting this in particular for the benefit of anyone who is into cycling, especially disused lines, but walking could be an option...

See this Google map link for details of the route:Milngavie - Gartcosh - This route starts heading North along the West Highland Way before heading East along the Strathkelvin Railway Path

Max and I did this a couple of years ago. It wasn't the most scenic ride ever but if you're reasonably local to the area it's well worth doing. However you may want to get the train back from Lenzie rather than Gartcosh; the path was less interesting after Lenzie and the last bit from the path to the station was a bit laborious.

Initially you follow signs for the West Highland Way but you need to know where to stop following that route and head east to the start of the trail at Strathblane. The surface is fairly rough in places but gets better later on.

Anyone else cycled (or walked) this route or thinking of doing it?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. PaxVobiscum

PaxVobiscum Established Member

Thanks for posting, Yorkie. I know the area very well and have cycled and walked there quite a bit but not for a good many years (starting pre West Highland Way and Mugdock being a County Park!) - must have a look again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.