• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Milton keynes barriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

timstours

i recently bought cheap london midland advance tickets from milton keynes to crewe and back using the x5 coach from oxford,but i arrived at the station rather early ,i put my outward ticket in the barrier but i would not work ,i showed it to the guy there but he said he would not let me through until 10 mins before my train was due
i thought this was a bit off,even telling him i wanting to watch the trains before travelling
i have trouble there before ,they are very unfriendly to rail enthusiasts.

timstours swindon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I'd write to London Midland (or ask them on Twitter). Let us know how you get on.

Unfortunately some barrier staff are unfriendly at certain stations, I find the attitude of barrier staff can vary from excellent (some are members of this forum) to extremely poor. Fortunately there is are no such problems at York as we were saved from the inconvenience of barriers, but I can see that MKC being on a commuter route may justify them. But staff should be reasonably knowledgeable and helpful.

I've not been to [stn]MKC[/stn] for ages, and have not heard any reports of bad service there, but I am going there next week, so I will keep an eye out.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Was it actually the London Midland staff?

They also have a couple of security guys, contracted out. They are usually very polite, but their knowledge isn't up to much. I use Milton Keynes daily so I'm surprised to learn of problems on here, twice today!

Status
Not open for further replies.