• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Milton Keynes / Cheddington Fare Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at National Rail, the off peak return from Euston to Milton Keynes is £7.75 any permitted. Looking again, the off peak return from Euston to Cheddington is £8.10. Isn't Cheddington further south than Milton Keynes? Surely therefore it should be cheaper? Anyway, if this is the case, I shall buy a return to MKC rather than Cheddington when I visit.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Are those child fares?

The Milton Keynes fare is restricted to London Midland Only which explains why it's a bit cheaper.

greatkingrat

Established Member
Not sure where £7.75 has come from. The child Off Peak Day Return fares from Milton Keynes are 11.40 Any Permitted, 8.10 LM Only, 7.90 Virgin Only. From Cheddington it is 8.10 Any Permitted.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
I can't see those fares at all in Avantix Traveller. What I can see at the prices quoted (all child fare) is:

Off Peak Day Single London Terminals-Milton Keynes £7.75
Off Peak Day return London Terminals-Cheddington £8.10

Both fares Any Permitted.

Could the OP confirm where they got the prices from.

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Yes. I got the fares from National Rail Enquiries
I can see, Any permitted to Milton Keynes, £7.75, Virgin only £7.90, LM Only £8.10.

I get it! I'm looking at Single rather than return.

Yep. I thought LM had fixed this for all stations, and indeed they have (i.e. capped CDS/CDR from stations south of MKC to the LM Only fares from MKC). It was wrong under Silverlink for years though.

Status
Not open for further replies.