• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Milton Keynes/Euston/Stafford

Status
Not open for further replies.

WCML

Hi guys,

I need to travel from Milton Keynes Central to Euston at around 7am on Sunday and then from Euston to Stafford in the late afternoon.

Can I buy a super off peak day return from Stafford to Euston but start at MKC, even though the service isn't coming from Stafford and it would be a few hours before the first service from Stafford arrives?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
There doesn't appear to be a CDR between Stafford and Euston?

You can on +Any Permitted but not on +London Midland Only

WCML

There doesn't appear to be a CDR between Stafford and Euston?

You can on +Any Permitted but not on +London Midland Only

Theres an LM only super off peak day return for £13.20 with a railcard between STA & EUS. Could I use that on the 07:11 LM service starting from MKC on Sunday morning and then on one of the LM xx:50 services back to Stafford in the evening?

Or would I be better off getting a CDR from MKC to EUS and then a single from MKC to STA (obviously I'd have to travel on LM with this option too)?

sonic2009

Established Member
There is no CDR on a London Midland fare, the fare you are quoting at £13.20 above is a Super Off Peak Return. This carries restriction LK :

The Monday to Friday part of the restriction won't apply to you, so I will list the Saturday and Sunday part of the restriction :

SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS and BANK
HOLIDAYS:
By any London Midland train.

Break of journey is not
permitted on the outward
portion except to change
trains at an intermediate
station or to access station
facilities. Normal break of
journey rules apply to the
return portion.

Not valid at any time on
Virgin Trains services.

This means as BOJ is not permitted you would not be able to buy a Stafford to London Euston ticket and start at Milton Keynes Central.

The best tickets for the journey to wish to make would be :

Milton Keynes Central - London Euston CDR LONDON MIDLAND ONLY £8.60
Milton Keynes Central - Stafford OPS LONDON MIDLAND ONLY £9.85

If it was me I would purchase the Super Off Peak Return for 5p more.

Total cost : £18.45

Key :

CDR : Off Peak Day Return
OPS : Super Off Peak Single

Status
Not open for further replies.