• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Milton Keynes - Kidderminster

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Hello,

I am off to Kidderminster v Darlington on Saturday 24th March. Can anyone help me with a fare and route. I ask because I would like to get up there early enough to take a look at the SVR gala and go for a ride. If I can get up there early enough I can do both!

I also need to get back to MKC ASAP after the defeat ( I mean game!) as I have a birthday party to get to (Mr popular or what!)

Any money saved on the NR fare will come in useful for spends on the SVR/Beer/unpleasantness (known as a BSP match!) :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

clagmonster

Established Member
I seem to recall that Aggborough is about a 15 minute walk from both Kidderminster stations (they are adjacent to each other). I shouldn't think there will be too much hassle with crowds getting away for said game. I would say the 17:26 is the most likely outcome, though with a swift finish to the game the 17:06 may just about be acheivable (though when I last visited the away end was at the opposite end of the ground to the station). This puts you on the 18:30 from New St.

A £13.50 London Midland only super saver would cover you for the first train off MKC (05:21), and gets you to Kiddy for 08:29, giving plenty of time at the gala. This also covers Kiddy-Brum on the return leg.

As you are going for speed southbound, I would also book an advance on the 18:30 Virgin service form New Street, at present these are going for £8.00.

I would reccomend the King & Castle on the SVR station at Kidderminster.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Clagmonster has the cheapest option, I think. There is a way to get the price down to £23.10 using walk-up split tickets and ending short and this wouldn't involve advances so would be valid on any train - PM me if you're interested.

muug1982

You could use a Network Daytripper with Kidderminster Add-On...that costs £7.80 - I'm not sure if you can buy them out of the NWM area though.

The 06:37 from Milton Keynes will get you to Kidderminster for 9:30am, there is a £5 advance available as far as Coventry (where the Daytripper kicks in) and then the £8 advance suggested above gets the total down to £20.80

Status
Not open for further replies.