• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

milton keynes - lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Rather stupidly I have allowed myself to be taken into going to Lincoln on Monday I can get a return to Euston for 13 and a return from kings cross for 50. Can anyone help or suggest eithet a better route or fare?

I will travel alone and have no railcards. I am also easy on times or prices. I would like to arrive 12-1
Thanks as always - I am on mobile so struggling to look up multi fare routes and tickets:(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
You could take the route via Bedford & Nottingham (as suggested in the Leeds thread - except from Nottingham you go East to Lincoln) Just realised there is no service on the Bletchley-Bedford line on Monday 9th.

There is the option to split at Huntingdon, as suggested in the Peterborough thread (except I note you no longer have a Railcard, but if you do a lot of these sort of journeys it may be worth getting one?) or you could try a split at Tamworth as suggested in the Darlington thread (MKC - TAM is only £10.79 in the LM Half Price Sale).

Given how cheap it is to get to Tamworth on the LM Sale, I'd suggest going that way. Tamworth - Lincoln may be further split further to reduce the price of that leg.

Last edited:

GadgetMan

Any idea what sort of time you are looking to return, and will it be the same day?

If you travel;

Milton Keynes - Tamworth
Tamworth - Nottingham
Nottingham - Lincoln

A day return splitting will be £36.89

Traveling out would be departing at 08:36 and arriving into Lincoln at 12:21

Return latest 2 journeys;
depart Lincoln 16:34, arrive MKC 19:57 OR depart Lincoln 18:35, arrive MKC 22:58

Fare breakdown;

MKC - TAM
Off Peak Return sale
£10.79

TAM - BUT
CDR
£5.70

BUT - DBY
CDR
£6.20

DBY - LCN
CDR
£14.20

total= £36.89

Last edited:

Established Member
Haven't checked but a split at Retford might be decent, then get the Northern stopper from Retford Low Level to Lincoln.

Status
Not open for further replies.