• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Milton Keynes to Hackney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucey

Myself and a group of friends are heading down to Radio 1's Hackney Weekend in June. As I'm known as "the one who likes trains", I've been put in charge of getting us there!

There will either be 5 or 3 of us in the group, depending on whether we all go together or not. Of the group, 3 have railcards. I'm the only person with an Oyster card.

It is likely we'll travel London Midland to H&W, then onto Willesden Junction and then to Homerton or Hackney Wick on the Overground. Return will be after midnight, so we may end up having to go through Central London and from Euston.

I'm basically trying to work out the cheapest way of doing this. Can anyone suggest anything better than this:

Three people (all with railcards)
2x Off Peak Travelcards (LM Only) with railcard discount at £13.20 each
1x Off Peak Return (MKC to 1072) £9.55
2x Oyster Singles at £0.95 each
Total £36.90, so £12.30 each

Five people
4x Off Peak Travelcards (LM Only) with GroupSave at £40.00
1x Off Peak Return (MKC to 1072) £9.55
2x Oyster Singles at £0.95 each
Total £51.45, so £10.29 each

If we need to travel through Zone 1 and return via. Euston, my Oyster fare will be £1.30, so only an additional 35p.

Can anyone suggest anything that may be cheaper? I would be inclined to think that a return to Wembley Central would be marginally cheaper than London Terminals, however I'd rather avoid the need to do any excess fares, especially when I'll be travelling home after having a few drinks and won't be in the mood to argue with ticket office staff!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NSE

Established Member
Just be careful, not many London Midland trains stop at Wembley Central, only the first and last few do, it's only the Southern ones which run hourly to MKC that stop at Wembley throughout the day. Apologies if you knew this, but didn't want you turning up at Wembley and watching the LM tains go whizzing through.

Brucey

Thanks NSE. I was still planning on changing at Harrow & Wealdstone, but the ticket to Wembley is slightly cheaper.

Poggs

It is likely we'll travel London Midland to H&W, then onto Willesden Junction and then to Homerton or Hackney Wick on the Overground. Return will be after midnight, so we may end up having to go through Central London and from Euston

Can I suggest travelling to Euston, taking the Victoria Line to Highbury & Islington and picking up the Overground from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.