• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Milton Keynes Track plan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been searching through the internet for about half an hour for this, so I would like to know if anyone knows where I can find the current plan of the station, I want the track plan because I am thinking of making a model of the current station and station area, so to do that I need an accurate track plan. if anyone knows where I can find it I would be most thankful.

p.s I thought that this section would be a more appropriate place to post this because it is more to do with the infrastructure of CMK (or MKC if you prefer) than the idea of making a model of it. but if it is in the wrong section could a moderator please move it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lee_Again

I'll be surprised if you find it on the internet. The latest Quail Maps will not be up to date, either. If anybody else is unable to produce it for you I have a copy of Rail or Modern Railways that has it in. Let me know and I'll dig it out for you.
Happy hunting

krus_aragon

Established Member
Fascinating. I hadn't dug around that corner of NR's website before. I guess "Baseline Declaration" isn't as boring as it sounds... :)

rww100

These are so interesting! Does anyone know of a way to search through the 400 odd pages for each one, or am I missing some kind of alphabetical order or something?

rww100

I do - and some pages follow on from each other, whereas other pages lead on to another line :s

The Planner

Veteran Member
Be aware its not always 100% accurate as Im not sure how often the baseline documents are updated, I think they are up to April.

Established Member
What locals call it Central Milton Keynes?? I've never, ever, heard the Central being used either before or after the MK bit apart from on officially addresses etc and the like no-one says "I work/shop/off to Central Milton Keynes". Its been called MKC since it opened so it's nought to do with Network Rail!!

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Quite a few stations are/were called XXXXX central so nothing usual about calling the station Milton Keynes Central

Old Timer

Established Member
These are so interesting! Does anyone know of a way to search through the 400 odd pages for each one, or am I missing some kind of alphabetical order or something?
Milton Keynes is on page 18 of the .pdf document

The route sequence is quite logical. Basically it starts off with the Main Line from Euston to Armitage. The the next route is the Northampton Loop, for obvious reasons, then it restarts at Euston and works northwards listing each route off the Main Line in its geographical order.

Those not on the Main Line are in a logical sequence as well.

The LOR (Line of Route) reference to MD101 relates to the Possession Planning / WON code. In this case MD stands for the former Midland Zone and 101 identifies the line as Euston to Armitage.

The Engineers line of route reference (ELR), which is used for different purposes is LEC1 Euston to Rugby, LEC2 rugby to Armitage, LEC3 Armitage to Crewe, etc, etc.

The different codings are used for different purposes, but the ELR is probably the most widespread.

Hopefully that clarifies, if it does not confuse.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
OldTimer thanks for explaining how these work. Hopefully I can now make an informed guess about where to look for what I'm after!

WhereInSussex

network rail are not from round here

I did laugh when I saw this, as the front page of the staff intranet at Network Rail at the moment has a story about the first staff moving into the new offices at MK!

There will be loads of staff there over the next few years!

driver9000

Established Member
The baseline declaration was published to show the capacity, layouts etc of the railway at the date of publication so wont be updated in line with sectional appendix updates which is what the maps are taken from and is why they are overprinted with 'not for operational use'. From a modellers perspective though they are a handy thing to be able to reference.

mr_moo

I have access to the live, up to date version of the sectional appendix. I'll dig out MK for you tonight if I get a chance.

How far either way do you need to go?

The baseline is a snapshot at April 2009.

Status
Not open for further replies.