• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Minor Derailment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Established Member
Train services suspended between Watford Junction and St Albans Abbey

Time Reported: 07:00
Route Affected: Watford Junction - Watford North - Garston(Hertfordshire) - Bricket Wood - How Wood - Park Street - St Albans Abbey
TOC/s Affected: Silverlink
Description: Train services are currently suspended between Watford Junction and St Albans Abbey due to a derailed empty passenger train. Replacement road transport will operate until further notice

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
Jim said:
Train services suspended between Watford Junction and St Albans Abbey

Time Reported: 07:00
Route Affected: Watford Junction - Watford North - Garston(Hertfordshire) - Bricket Wood - How Wood - Park Street - St Albans Abbey
TOC/s Affected: Silverlink
Description: Train services are currently suspended between Watford Junction and St Albans Abbey due to a derailed empty passenger train. Replacement road transport will operate until further notice
it looks like a cl313 had derailed :o

Guinness

Established Member
Didn't know a minor derailment called for 3 Threads. ;)

Must be a ECS Silverlink Train on the Sidings at Watford Junction thats done it. Will be shifted by Evening Rush Hour tonight.

Guinness

Established Member
Coxster said:
I thought that line was 150/1 operated :oops:

It is as there are no wires.

If theres a derailment it could be blocking the points to the platform where the 150 can only get to.

T

Tom

Anyone noticed how the media haven't picked up on this one as the train was empty?

Julian G

Established Member
Chaz said:
Coxster said:
I thought that line was 150/1 operated :oops:

It is as there are no wires.

If theres a derailment it could be blocking the points to the platform where the 150 can only get to.
are you sure , i swear i've seen a photo of a cl313 at St.Albans Abbey

Tomnick

Established Member
Indeed, the line is wired and I believe it's usually worked by an EMU of some sort - normally a 313. Not sure where exactly the derailment occurred - where are units usually stabled? Presumably it was on one of the sidings to the east of the WCML, on the opposite side of the St. Albans single line? That would certainly explain the lack of access to the branch!

richa2002

Established Member
Abbey%20line%20Partnership%2005.jpg

Julian G

Established Member
Tomnick said:
Indeed, the line is wired and I believe it's usually worked by an EMU of some sort - normally a 313. Not sure where exactly the derailment occurred - where are units usually stabled? Presumably it was on one of the sidings to the east of the WCML, on the opposite side of the St. Albans single line? That would certainly explain the lack of access to the branch!
sometimes a cl321 is hired for the line

Hubert_F

It is mainly worked by 313s but occasionally worked by 321s and the line has overhead power lines.
I quote from the Abbey Flyer Users Group:
Services on the Abbey Line were disrupted today (Friday 28th October). The Great Eastern-liveried 321 unit split the points in the yard at Watford Junction, and blocked the entrance to the Abbey Line. Because of this, no replacement train could be brought in and the service was replaced by a bus. What excitement for our little line.

Dennis

Established Member
:idea: The Abbey Flyer users group were excited because their trains were replaced by a bus? Call the DfT - they can save a few £ here then!!

Status
Not open for further replies.