• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Minster/Sheerness curves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gathursty

Established Member
Will the Minster - Sandwich limited service and the Newington - Sheerness limited service be operational from July 15? If yes, what times do these run?

Aiming to ride these rare services if the times aren't too early/late.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
The invaluable Passenger Services on Unusual Lines for 2020 (there isn't a 2021 version ATM) https://www.branchline.uk/PSULintro.php

has the following:
Sittingbourne Western Junction - Middle Junction (212) WA06
Mondays to Fridays:
2U91 0456 Gillingham - Sheerness-on-Sea ‡
2K02 1712 ‡, 2K06 1812 ‡ Victoria - Sheerness-on-Sea
2K58 0624, 2K60 0700 ‡ Sheerness-on-Sea - Victoria
Minster Station and West Junction - Minster South Junction (207) WA02
Mondays to Fridays:
2R39 1438 ‡, 2R43 1538 ‡ Ashford International - Dover - Ramsgate (portions
off 1310 and 1410 respectively from Charing Cross)
2W24 0742 ‡, 2W26 0805 ‡ Ramsgate - Dover - Charing Cross
(the ‡ is no longer relevant)

Looking at RTT for 15 July, there appear to be no services via the West Curve at Sittingbourne, but there is an 0809 departure from Minster and 1605 arrival at Minster; IIRC there is schools traffic that justifies running a service.

In normal times the Sheerness services are reachable, but I think it's highly unlikely that they will be restored by July.

Gathursty

Established Member
The invaluable Passenger Services on Unusual Lines for 2020 (there isn't a 2021 version ATM) https://www.branchline.uk/PSULintro.php

has the following:

(the ‡ is no longer relevant)

Looking at RTT for 15 July, there appear to be no services via the West Curve at Sittingbourne, but there is an 0809 departure from Minster and 1605 arrival at Minster; IIRC there is schools traffic that justifies running a service.

In normal times the Sheerness services are reachable, but I think it's highly unlikely that they will be restored by July.
Many thanks. I'm not religious about getting every chord so not too upset about Sheerness.

Kite159

Veteran Member
If you need Minster curve then it's an hourly service on the 30th/31st May (the bank holiday weekend). With a replacement bus to Ramsgate/Canterbury West.

Gathursty

Established Member
If you need Minster curve then it's an hourly service on the 30th/31st May (the bank holiday weekend). With a replacement bus to Ramsgate/Canterbury West.
I'm waiting till the Summer Holidays for the big trip down south. For the end of May holidays, you'll probably find me in Mid Wales ticking off Bow Street.

Kite159

Veteran Member
I'm waiting till the Summer Holidays for the big trip down south. For the end of May holidays, you'll probably find me in Mid Wales ticking off Bow Street.

That station has to wait for me due to the 6 week block between Mach & Shrewsbury to replace a bridge.

Cletus

Established Member
On Saturday Charing Cross via Dover Priory services to Ramsgate will be terminating at Minster.

Status
Not open for further replies.