• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Missing my Eurostar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please could I ask for some advice. I am booked later in the year with Eurostar from Paris to London. As I need flexibility I booked Business Premier. There is a chance I could miss my train. Am I right in thinking that if I miss my booked train, I can travel on a later train? I know I can change my booking prior to departure but can I really do that after departure?

Thank you, Stephen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Thank you. I was not sure that meant I could just not turn up and still book another train. I suppose it is a bit like having an anytime ticket and a reservation.

Best wishes, Stephen.

True. Compulsory reservations and no standing.

Thank you, Stephen.

jon0844

Veteran Member
Isn't it just access to the lounge and maybe a different meal? Otherwise you're in the same first class seating.

Business Premier (BP): Fully flexible and Refundable Standard Premier (SP): Semi flexible and Non-Refundable
BP: Ten minute check in SP: Thirty minute Check in.
BP: Executive Lounge with snacks and drinks.
BP and SP: Same types of seats but in different carriages. No difference in comfort.
BP: Better Food and Drink SP: Food and Drink

There are other alleged perks to Business Premier but I think I have covered the main differences. If I did not need flexibility I would go Standard Premier or Standard. As far as I can tell Standard and Standard Premier are priced in tiers with the very cheap fares available first. Business Premier seems to be a set price. Near the date of travel the differences in prices for each class can be quite small. Eg 180, 225, 276 for Paris tomorrow.

Best wishes, Stephen.

duncanp

Established Member
Thank you. I was not sure that meant I could just not turn up and still book another train. I suppose it is a bit like having an anytime ticket and a reservation.

If you have a Business Premier ticket and turn up at the station after check in for your train (only 10 minutes before departure for Business Premier)has closed, or after the train has departed, you can go and speak to station staff.

They will exchange your ticket for travel on a later train.

If you have a Business Premier ticket and turn up at the station after check in for your train (only 10 minutes before departure for Business Premier)has closed, or after the train has departed, you can go and speak to station staff.

They will exchange your ticket for travel on a later train.

Thank you. That gives me much more confidence that I will get home.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Status
Not open for further replies.