• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mk2 train seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBuffer

Hello, new to this.
I recently purchased a train seat with a view to turn it into a functional chair for my son.
There wasn't much information when I purchased so was hoping someone could help me out.
I was told it was from a Mk2 carriage but I was hoping to find out what line, roughly what age & the service provider.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190823-130935_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20190823-130935_eBay.jpg
    820.8 KB · Views: 48
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ChilternTurbo

I did see some bits and pieces from ex Caldeonian Sleeper stock on ebay recently which included seating in a similar moquette to the one you've purchased. I maybe wrong but I think that's were your seat is from... :?:

O/T I would really like to have had the opportunity to purchase a 'Business Premier' seat from a Eurostar 373. It's a shame that there was an edict that EMR Kingsbury where some of the sets were scrapped couldn't salvage parts :frown:

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
It appears to be an InterCity 70 seat from a Mk3b FO. Given the colour of the seat covering, I suspect it could well be out of one of the Pretendolino coaches, though I wouldn't rule out a TOC having fitted those to Mk2s.

It's definitely not a Caledonian Sleeper seat (which I think are the same as the Eurostar Business Premier seats mentioned).

Status
Not open for further replies.