• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MK3 DVT - Newton Abbot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jopsuk

Veteran Member
At a guess, a 47? Certainly not something compatible with the DVT other than as a brake coach, what with the light on the rear! Plus, until the recent conversions to AAR for EWS (Now DBS), WSMR (now Chiltern) and ATW, I don't think they'd ever been compatible with any diesel multiple working. It'll have been kept on the set due to the need for a brake van.

Darandio

Established Member
Yeah, I'd agree on a 47, nearly every photo of a DVT down that way was with a 47.

shaun

A CrossCountry Summer Saturday Paignton service? Didn't realise they ran WCML stock on XC routes back then, always thought Virgin started it. Remember seeing various WCML formations in the late 90s when holidaying in Devon.

craig87034

Their were quite a few Cross Country turns that were booked MK3 sets normally duffs

Ash Bridge

Established Member
Travelled on the return working of this train back to Manchester several times during late 90s/ early 2000s, was always a Class 47 then but if my memory serves me correct it was also worked occasionally by a pair of class 31s in the early to mid 90s.

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Travelled on the return working of this train back to Manchester several times during late 90s/ early 2000s, was always a Class 47 then but if my memory serves me correct it was also worked occasionally by a pair of class 31s in the early to mid 90s.

For a number of years a west coast set was booked for a pair of 31s from Birmingham into the west country (and back) on a Saturday, usually a mk2 set, with Mk3 DVT, rather than a mk3 set IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.