• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MMI DMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisRiley93

Hello I have just passed my train driver assessment with Thameslink and been told I have a DMI Interview next but I thought MMI was first? As MMI is a assessment and the DMI is the last interview you have. I also have a assessment day with Southeastern and they have told me I have a MMI before the DMI so I’m a little confused. Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dzdoris

Hello I have just passed my train driver assessment with Thameslink and been told I have a DMI Interview next but I thought MMI was first? As MMI is a assessment and the DMI is the last interview you have. I also have a assessment day with Southeastern and they have told me I have a MMI before the DMI so I’m a little confused. Thanks
Some TOCs do them different ways round. Search the forum for Thameslink and I'm sure there'll be answers for you :)

T-Karmel

From what I remember from a thread about GTR on this forum, they do MMI after DMI.
As dzdoris said, every TOC does it their own way.

Need2

If you’ve passed your assessment’s with GTR then surely you will only have to do the mmi (not assessment’s) with SE? (Followed by the DMI if successful)

LouisRiley93

If you’ve passed your assessment’s with GTR then surely you will only have to do the mmi (not assessment’s) with SE? (Followed by the DMI if successful)
I have to do a separate test for SE called visual search as they don’t do DFFT like GTR. I have a DMI with GTR in a few weeks so If I pass the MMI with southeastern I won’t have to do it with GTR after my driver interview with them. All going good so far

NorthernTech

I have to do a separate test for SE called visual search as they don’t do DFFT like GTR. I have a DMI with GTR in a few weeks so If I pass the MMI with southeastern I won’t have to do it with GTR after my driver interview with them. All going good so far
Without sounding negative, that will all be ok unless of course you do not pass the mmi, then both jobs will be missed and you’ll have a 6 month wait before reapplication. Assuming you haven’t previously failed any of the driver tests that is.

LouisRiley93

Without sounding negative, that will all be ok unless of course you do not pass the mmi, then both jobs will be missed and you’ll have a 6 month wait before reapplication. Assuming you haven’t previously failed any of the driver tests that is.
There really close together though would they not just let me do both, I’ll just have to make sure I pass

T-Karmel

There really close together though would they not just let me do both, I’ll just have to make sure I pass
From the moment you fail any of the tests (any paper test, computerised test or MMI) you cannot redo any of tests for 6 months if it's for same or different company. If you fail any test for the second time, then you can't do any of the tests again at all.

Wroyal

Hi. Are we allowed to use pencil and paper to remember number of tones in first part of tea-occ?

Wroyal

Thanks for your prompt reply. What is the best way to remember and distinguish low and high tones at the same time in part one?

RPOMan

Congrats, unfortunately I didn’t pass my DMI with SE. Going to give it another go as soon as I can!

jamnelly89

I’m sorry to pick up the thread again guys, I wanted some clarity. I’ve passed MMI with SE, while waiting for a DMI with SE I’ve gone through DMI with TL, will MMI result/outcome with SE count towards the process with TL? Or do I have to resit that?

Need2

I’m sorry to pick up the thread again guys, I wanted some clarity. I’ve passed MMI with SE, while waiting for a DMI with SE I’ve gone through DMI with TL, will MMI result/outcome with SE count towards the process with TL? Or do I have to resit that?
An mmi is a pass or fail and counts towards your 2 chances and then your out for good.
Once you have passed an mmi you do not need to do one again for any other toc unless you’ve ‘ timed’ out and the pass was X amount of years ago.
Pass the dmi with TL and the next step will be the medical.

ElisaHarkness

Hope someone can help!

I have my MMI on 2nd February, the prep work I was sent has the SJE prep on it too, I thought I done this on the computer at the assessment day, will I have to do another?

The MMI is based on the questions I was asked at the assessment day is that right?

Thank you ☺️

RPOMan

This helped me when I had my MMI with SE. Good luck.

Attachments

• 28E10519-DF47-402D-8229-6066736B2DA5.jpeg
    28E10519-DF47-402D-8229-6066736B2DA5.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 213
Status
Not open for further replies.