• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MMI Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chartsengrafs

Hi all

Lurker on here for a while and really appreciate the help this community's been to me so far.

I don't want to duplicate posts, but I'm finding conflicting answers, and all from pretty old posts, so here goes...

I'm through to Assessment 2 for Freightliner - computer tests and MMI.

My question is, is the MMI always on the same six questions?

I've seen posts suggesting that these main questions change dependent on your SJE responses, and others suggesting that it's just the smaller follow-up questions that are based on the SJE, dependent on whether you've already covered what they want to ask in your examples.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Adam

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stigy

Established Member
Hi all

Lurker on here for a while and really appreciate the help this community's been to me so far.

I don't want to duplicate posts, but I'm finding conflicting answers, and all from pretty old posts, so here goes...

I'm through to Assessment 2 for Freightliner - computer tests and MMI.

My question is, is the MMI always on the same six questions?

I've seen posts suggesting that these main questions change dependent on your SJE responses, and others suggesting that it's just the smaller follow-up questions that are based on the SJE, dependent on whether you've already covered what they want to ask in your examples.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Adam
Hi Adam,

The questions will remain pretty generic, but the assessor(s) will tailor their ‘probing’ depending on your SJE responses. The six questions aren’t always the same, but they’re generally six from a list of about 10 to 12 questions. The answers you give in your SJE don’t dictate this, and it’s more to do with different companies using different questions.

Good luck!

chartsengrafs

Hi Adam,

The questions will remain pretty generic, but the assessor(s) will tailor their ‘probing’ depending on your SJE responses. The six questions aren’t always the same, but they’re generally six from a list of about 10 to 12 questions. The answers you give in your SJE don’t dictate this, and it’s more to do with different companies using different questions.

Good luck!

Ah, so a bit of both then. Thanks.

I'm prepping answers for a dozen or so questions I've seen on here and hopefully they'll be transferable if I get something unexpected. I'm finding the prep pretty useful as I have a habit of talking the hind legs off a donkey!

Cheers Stigy!

chartsengrafs

Well, that was a nightmare.

On the bright side, I passed all the computer tests. Wait and see, I suppose!

tmmchale

How did the MMI pan out? Potentially have one coming up so looking for any recent info if you can help :)!

cheers

Tom

PickleTree

How did the MMI pan out? Potentially have one coming up so looking for any recent info if you can help :)!

cheers

Tom

I did my MMI on Tuesday and it was structured around two main areas. Beforehand we had to provide 6 example answers to questions like,
Tell me about a time when you have dealt with an emergency situation.

The other aspect would have been around the SJE questions you answer beforehand too. However when I got into the interview my interviewer said he didn’t need to ask me any SJE based questions.

The other thing to bear in mind is that if they don’t like one of your examples they will ask you in the MMI for a different example.

The actual interview is IMO really hard to read, they focus on detail, they will ask you questions that at the time will feel unusual but they are ultimately trying to find out if you are blagging or not. It almost isn’t about you as a person and is very physiological based.

Thankfully I got told yesterday I have passed and that my details have been passed to the FOC in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.