• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MMI

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevem39

Could anyone help me as to any info on Multiple mini interview samples websites that are good so I can have some heads up on what I will be asked ?

Thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D5581

I did mine on Tuesday just gone. I found the following very useful in getting a very good idea what they are looking for and expecting to hear https://www.theopc.co.uk/files/Which NTS are most important for train drivers - Final.pdf

I read that a few times before my MMI and felt it helped.
You'll be asked 6 questions, some say its the same six for everyone which are listed elsewhere, but half of mine were different. using the STAR method of response is essential and they heavily recommend it beforehand.
You'll get asked quite alot 'how did you feel' and asked hypothetical questions based on your SJE result.
Don't rush into giving an answer, if you need a few seconds to think how to respond, take those seconds. Pad your answers out as much as you can with detail with what you did and what the result was.

Lankywhale

This was what I was asked in my mmi:

1. A time you had to do something in the face of difficulty

2. A time you had to do something where it was important not to make a mistake

They also asked a hypothetical question: if a colleague was falling behind with work, what would you do?

Followed by: What else could you do to assist them?

3. A time you had to deal with Rules and procedures

She then also asked: If you saw a colleague not following rules and procedures, what would you do.

4. A time I dealt with an emergency situation

5. A time you had to persevere to learn or achieve something

6. A time you completed a task similar to a task a train driver does

Hope this helps as I wasnt expecting the hypothetical questions! :::)

stevem39

Thank you so much guys , hope you passed

I passed all the assessments on Wednesday and now face the MMI and Mangers interview

jezzer34

just looking for some advice in regards to answering these questions, how much detail should i be looking to give, i'm caught in the thinking of giving to much detail and almost getting lost or waffling on to much. Or less detail but clear and straight to the point without building the picture to much. any idea ? i guess you will say somewhere in the middle, i started preparing with lots of detail in my answers but as i get closer to my mmi im starting to think less is better????

Lankywhale

What I did was search google for the attributes of train drivers. I picked the ones that I have experience with. Then I made sure to add them into the 6 topic points.

You want the main details of your answer structured in the star format. Just focus on that, they'll ask lots of questions anyway.

Chris1982

Thank you so much guys , hope you passed

I passed all the assessments on Wednesday and now face the MMI and Mangers interview
Well done do you not do the mmi straight after the stage 2 tests the same day if all tests are passed?

Liam00086

Well done do you not do the mmi straight after the stage 2 tests the same day if all tests are passed?
It depends which TOC you are applying too. On mine (GWR) it was the same day as stage 2, after each test they sent home anyone who didn’t pass. With GWR if you fail any part of stage 2 then you have to redo the whole stage.

jezzer34

I received the good news that i have passed the stage 2 assessments & mmi today. Now i await a DMI date. thanks for the advice in this forum it goes a long way. still so close but so far. fingers crossed.

stevem39

@jezzer34 that's fantastic news well done , can I ask , when you answered the questions ,how long was your answers ? I'm asking as I dont my self want to ramble on to much and they get bored ..if you no what i mean ? Did you use the STAR format?

jezzer34

@jezzer34 that's fantastic news well done , can I ask , when you answered the questions ,how long was your answers ? I'm asking as I dont my self want to ramble on to much and they get bored ..if you no what i mean ? Did you use the STAR format?
i had long answers in my head planned and attempted to answer in the Star format yes but they ask plenty of questions, for example, how did that make you feel, can you elaborate, how did they react, how would you deal with this etc so they give you lots of open questions about your original star forms answer so expect that. i wouldn't worry about the length of your answer that didn't appear to be a problem.

stevem39

Ok I see, thanks for info and good luck with the DMI, when is the interview ?

jezzer34

Ok I see, thanks for info and good luck with the DMI, when is the interview ?
no idea when the DMI is they said they will be in touch in due course, in the email it does state and i quote ''Timescales for the next stage in the process may be extended as a result of changes to workforce requirements." so it might be a wait but im happy and prepared to wait if need be.

alanyoung165

It depends which TOC you are applying too. On mine (GWR) it was the same day as stage 2, after each test they sent home anyone who didn’t pass. With GWR if you fail any part of stage 2 then you have to redo the whole stage.
What tests did you do on Stage 2 as the GWR letter only says SJE and MMI??

Liam00086

It’s the computer test, then if you pass them you do the MMI, if you look at the 2 pdfs they send you to practice on it will be all the tests you haven’t done yet.

dabollicks

My email said the same but I sat:

- The WAFV Vigilance Test
- The ATAVT Perception Test
- The Situational Judgement Exercise (SJE)

Then the MMI as I passed the computer tests

alanyoung165

My email said the same but I sat:

- The WAFV Vigilance Test
- The ATAVT Perception Test
- The Situational Judgement Exercise (SJE)

Then the MMI as I passed the computer tests
Ok thanks. The reason I asked was the I contacted them about stage 1 previously and they just referred me to the letter ‍♂️

8Mac76

Morning all,

I am writing to ask how long after MMI am I likely to wait for a response to how I did?

I have completed assessment, DMI and now MMI with SWR and anxious for the outcome, please help put my mind at ease if possible :D

Status
Not open for further replies.