• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mmi

Status
Not open for further replies.

African

Hello guys, I had my 2nd attempt today but failed just like last time. I am sorry guys this is the end of the road for me. I wanna thank everyone on this platform for the knowledge shared. Unfortunately for me, the test proved that I do not have what it takes to drive a train.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Wolfie

Established Member
Hello guys, I had my 2nd attempt today but failed just like last time. I am sorry guys this is the end of the road for me. I wanna thank everyone on this platform for the knowledge shared. Unfortunately for me, the test proved that I do not have what it takes to drive a train.
Sorry to hear that.

Anthony R

Sorry to hear that.
Yes indeed, I’m sorry my friend. From what I was told at the opc they reset all the lives last in 2013, so you never know they might reset them again over the coming years.

I wish you well my friend onward to better things.

ILoveLamp

Sorry to hear that.. I hope you don’t mind me asking a few questions? Did you have several tests to do? We’re there a few others doing tests also? What was the experience like with the company? Sorry, I hope you don’t feel like I’m rubbing salt in the wound.
Regards

Last edited:

Vola_c

Mine was the other way around. So I've just got the mmi to go. Dmi I passed last week. Just have plenty of examples for each question and make sure you do research on your toc as I got asked why I was interested in GTR above any other and why train driver. I got asked about the stations too.

Anthony R

Mine was the other way around. So I've just got the mmi to go. Dmi I passed last week. Just have plenty of examples for each question and make sure you do research on your toc as I got asked why I was interested in GTR above any other and why train driver. I got asked about the stations too.
Col thank you, when you say have plenty of examples for each question, are there set dmi questions then?

African

Sorry to hear that.. I hope you don’t mind me asking a few questions? Did you have several tests to do? We’re there a few others doing tests also? What was the experience like with the company? Sorry, I hope you don’t feel like I’m rubbing salt in the wound.
Regards
Yes you'll have 2 practice. if you failed, they ain't allow to tell you what aspect you failed either. I asked what did I failed but they can't tell. It was really upsetting for me watching 2 other guys continued on the computer. I wish you all the best whenever you take yours.

DunfordBridge

Yes you'll have 2 practice. if you failed, they ain't allow to tell you what aspect you failed either. I asked what did I failed but they can't tell. It was really upsetting for me watching 2 other guys continued on the computer. I wish you all the best whenever you take yours.

Very dark place to be in. I was there myself in 2013 but thankfully my lives were reset afterwards, but I did not know that at the time. I would have thought the assessors could at least tell you which test you failed. If not, I would be getting in touch with the TOC to which you applied sometime soon as they may be able to provide the missing info.

Yes going to do a DMI at some point. All very exciting, I’m hoping it will be face to face rather than zoom, but alas I expect zoom. Really hoping to get through. I desperately need a change now, been doing what I’m doing far too long and beyond ready never to do it again. Lol. Your a driver now aren’t you? You passed all this stuff ages ago? I have seen helpful posts of yours pop up whilst doing research.

I did not get very far with the recent batch of GTR jobs. I must say that I empathise with you totally. I have been doing my present job for just over 16 years now. I am not a train driver (only in spirit), I passed most of the old tests back in 2013 but I actually failed the CBI structured interview in 2013, just before the method of testing changed. Prior to that, I did not get very far with Arriva Trains Northern back in 2003 when I applied as a one-off but I have been trying seriously now since 2013, maybe even 2011.

I have now passed all the new tests but could not take part in the MMI because my score on the joystick was not high enough for Transpennine Express. Bit of a shame because I only live 5 minutes from the station but it could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. If my posts have helped someone on their way, then I can be happy with that, but the present pandemic stuff is more than slightly frustrating, especially with lock-down fatigue on other peoples' part.

I used to enjoy practicising for the old type tests, especially the DTG reaction test. It was a bit like playing space invaders with the differently coloured circles appearing randomly all over the screen. Practsing for the equivalent, with the blinking square, was just not as enjoyable.

LCC106

Established Member
African, don’t let it deter you if you want a career on the railway. There are lots of other good roles.

YingYing

Hello everyone, I have assessments coming up soon. @Anthony R could I be cheeky and ask for the software that helped you?
ditto Charlotte. I've found this site (https://metodorf.com/tests/bourdon_test.php) for the GB test, I just printscreen and print the randomly generated charts to do by hand as per the real test rather than do it with a mouse though. Other software for some practice would be massively appreciated.

Good luck to you!

charlotte2459

That's great, thank you for that. Good luck to you too :D
If anyone else has any other material similar to the tests, I would greatly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.