• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MML v EMT

MML v EMT - Who Would Win

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmogle

Established Member
Midland Mainline have never been drasticly late for me...
There's been a couple of occassions where the train has been delayed by 5minutes, but I used to travel MML almost every weekend, and not once did they ruin my plans.

Unlike a certain other TOC

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FusionRail

Midland Mainline have never been drasticly late for me...
There's been a couple of occassions where the train has been delayed by 5minutes, but I used to travel MML almost every weekend, and not once did they ruin my plans.

Unlike a certain other TOC

it is just me then.. lol and what TOC might that be?

andel

MML were never a great experience for me - their service was poor unless I forked out loads for first class travel, their ability to do additional assists at Derby was rubbish... nope- they were terrible.

Stagecoach have, on the other hand, proven different with SWT. Lets see if they can prove the same with the EMT, shall we??

djw1981

Established Member
So when you fork out for First Class, the train gets there faster than the standard ticket....?

Nick W

Established Member
I have found MML to be the best ToC around, and have even used them twice to undercut virgin from London - Manchester.

andel

So when you fork out for First Class, the train gets there faster than the standard ticket....?

it means they recognise that i've got on the train and i'm gonna get arsy if an assist doesn't show.

FusionRail

yeh its one of them new trains where first class sperates from the lower grade standard class for us poorer people and magically travels through a time warp to arrive earlier, and then the standard class carraiges carry on at their normal speed only to arrive 10 minutes late...

that would make a nice fairy tale actually wouldnt it..
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Quite obviously First Great Western :p

well yeh them southerners lol

Nick W

Established Member
Time is only relative. People in first class see the universe differently. Time appears to travel faster, people towards the back of the train begin to look smaller and less important as the train pulls away. Meanwhile the enhanced perception of acceleration leads to the people's egos and self-importance taking up a larger space in the universe.

On arrival the discrepancies are made up as the train begins to slow down. Unfortunately standard class people who previously perceived themselves to be in standard find themselves in first class, typically ready to sprint to the underground.

Nick

Errrm, yea.

You cant compare either yet, and remember EMT will be taking over CT aswell as MML, people just look at MML going, don't forget so is Central...

Nick

Well yes, but least we forget that was also NatEx run and the new franchise operator will include that.

Status
Not open for further replies.