• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

MMT/OTM roles at Colas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigy

Established Member
Hi all,

Very conscious that there's another Colas thread, however that is specifically regarding the Apprentice Driver scheme. Therefore I thought I'd start a new thread as I have a couple of questions regarding the MMT and OTM roles at Colas;

1. Does anybody know a rough salary scale? (If it a standard driver type salary?)
2. What shifts would be expected? (mainly nights/lodging etc?)
3. Type of work involved

Although the advice I've received here has as always been second to none, I'm still a little confused about these roles anyway. Are they the type of maintenance trains companies such as NWR and Balfour Beaty operate? Like MPVs etc? Are the jobs more localised?

Any advice would be great, thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Firestarter

Hi all,

Very conscious that there's another Colas thread, however that is specifically regarding the Apprentice Driver scheme. Therefore I thought I'd start a new thread as I have a couple of questions regarding the MMT and OTM roles at Colas;

1. Does anybody know a rough salary scale? (If it a standard driver type salary?)
2. What shifts would be expected? (mainly nights/lodging etc?)
3. Type of work involved

Although the advice I've received here has as always been second to none, I'm still a little confused about these roles anyway. Are they the type of maintenance trains companies such as NWR and Balfour Beaty operate? Like MPVs etc? Are the jobs more localised?

Any advice would be great, thanks!
Question 4: Are these ever advertised as Trainee Train Driver Roles?

Stigy

Established Member
Question 4: Are these ever advertised as Trainee Train Driver Roles?
Yeah, that too ;)

That was something that also confused me. It looks like it's only available to qualified drivers when you first look at the vacancy, however it's ambiguous, so any definitive advice would be good!

The One

If got psychometric put in for these positions they can only say no lol I’m sure there will be people on here who actually works for them that can advise you better but I know what I be doing lol don’t let the being qualified bit put you off lol

The One

OTM are Tampers etc that corrects the geometry of the track etc.

MMT Mobile Maintenance Trains.
Google them if unsure but they are a train where people on track work inside them safely.

Regan

£45,460 when qualified 32 weekends a year with another 4 weekends paid as overtime plus a commitment bonus of £633 36 days annual leave.The training rate starts at £30,000 then when the alc training is complete salary rises to £36,000 then when you pass out driving and start signing routes you go on the full salary fitter operators also do the same but can go on the psychometric test if they want to.

Stigy

Established Member
£45,460 when qualified 32 weekends a year with another 4 weekends paid as overtime plus a commitment bonus of £633 36 days annual leave.The training rate starts at £30,000 then when the alc training is complete salary rises to £36,000 then when you pass out driving and start signing routes you go on the full salary fitter operators also do the same but can go on the psychometric test if they want to.
Thanks for the insight!

Stigy

Established Member
If got psychometric put in for these positions they can only say no lol I’m sure there will be people on here who actually works for them that can advise you better but I know what I be doing lol don’t let the being qualified bit put you off lol
Applied anyway, as you say, might as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.