• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Model 91 [Large images]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sam

Or:
Class 91
pict00519xo.jpg

91 With Pantograph up

pict00535cn.jpg

91 and DVT
pict00547vm.jpg

AlexS

Established Member
had the original Intercity 225 set when it was first released in the early 90s - unfortunately my brother was playing with it, turned the dial a bit too high on the corner, and a head on collision at full whack with a large radiator occured - was gutted!

tramboy

I've got the 91004 "The Red Arrows" named version in OO, and have just got the new Farish 91004 "Grantham". Yes, the number is wrong, but it is an excellent model!

Regards

Dave

T

the slapper

Looks alrite for out of the box

Could make it better though

try and pic up a copy of Model Liar, cant remember the date.

there is one that did a whole article on making the hornby 91 the dogs b0ll0cks, pigeon strick 'n' all!

Tom B

Established Member
Aaah, Intercity Swallow. Wonderful livery!

I had one of those many years ago - still have it as a matter of fact, somewhere...

Where 58's still operate in commercial service...
Where are the lights?

I can't believe you pay that much for such a model when it even hasn't front/tail lights. Believe me, here a manufacture of modell trains makes sure its accurate, looks perfect en has lights.... otherwise it won't be purchased by anyone..... Now I have to do the dirty work.... Something Farish should have done for that price.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
The fact is Britains models are nothing compared to continental and American models!!

They:
- all have factory fitted lights
- all DCC ready
- some even have factory fitted decoders!
- also even have factory fitted lights AND SOUND!

What have we got?
A few decent models (hornby 08/31/50/60, bachmann 08/20/25/47 etc etc etc).

We still have a loooooooooooooooooong way to go before we catch up!!!

kettlefan

Where are the lights?

I can't believe you pay that much for such a model when it even hasn't front/tail lights. Believe me, here a manufacture of modell trains makes sure its accurate, looks perfect en has lights.... otherwise it won't be purchased by anyone..... Now I have to do the dirty work.... Something Farish should have done for that price.

give it a break its an old model, brought out virtually at the same time as the real thing, its pretty good for an old hornby model. I have one, and I don't model modern stuff!

Established Member
Ive got one too, nice rake of 5 coaches, Kettlefan, ull ave to bring ur coaches over to make its 7 lol!

kettlefan

Where are the lights?

You've used a poor reason there. Do real trains lights go out when the train stops? I'd rather have no lights than ones which don't work when stationary. Don't use pointless details to catch models out.

Established Member
hmm, im sure last time ia sked him he said he only had 2! but i aint spoken to him in ages! Were not exactaly on best terms these days!

Established Member
lol no he definitely has a full rake bar the restaurent car but I havent seen it in ages mainly due to the fact old Hornby is banned on the FLMJ!!

I know how crap, most of my stuff is old Hornby, oh well wen i get my new layout it will be ace, full length HSTs and Southern Expresses!

Status
Not open for further replies.