• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Model Railway at York station?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
hi is the model railway still outside York station

If you mean the one that was just outside the main entrance of York station (by the entry to the car park under the train shed) then no that's been gone for a good few years now and has become the York Tap pub.

Last edited:

theblackwatch

Established Member
I don't think there's been another one. It started its life as 'Rail Riders World' in the 1980s. I think I've been to it more in recent years. :lol:

gtis

If you mean the one that was just outside the main entrance of York station (by the entry to the car park under the train shed) then no that's been gone for a good few years now and has become the York Tap pub.

Yes that’s the one the last time I went to York I went in the pub for lunch didn’t think it was the old model railway shed
Neil

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Yes that’s the one the last time I went to York I went in the pub for lunch didn’t think it was the old model railway shed
Neil

It may have been a different pub. There are now two on York station.

Darandio

Established Member
They did relocate to Gainsborough, different to the O gauge one though. By all accounts they closed a couple of years ago.

Welly

They did relocate to Gainsborough, different to the O gauge one though. By all accounts they closed a couple of years ago.
Not quite Gainsborough but in Hemswell in the old RAF base. I did visit that once a few years ago and to be honest I found it underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.