• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Model railway cab ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Amazing! (You're not based near York by any chance? I'd love to see that!)

Do you have a map of the layout? How large is it?

royjames

Thank you for your comments on my railway they are much appreciated.
A few basic facts on this railway in answer to your questions are as follows.
This is my own private layout and I am based in Kent.
The railway dimensions are 50 feet x 30 feet on four levels it is a walk round format running through 5 sheds. Access to the layout for maintenance etc is by way of strategically placed hatches.
It is 0 gauge scale 1/43
Up to 30 trains run simultaneously and automatically on the block section system. Manual overide operation is from a central control room with the aid of closed circuit television.
The trains seen running in the video clip, steam loco's are Bassett Lowke and Ace Trains. Diesel loco's are mainly Heljan. The rolling stock is mainly Ace Trains Lima and Darstaed.
Over a period of 16 years to build. I will endeavour to try and post a layout plan of the railway. To date it is in a folder that refuses to be downloaded.
There is a suburban network that does not show in this video other than a glimpse of an underground train.

Roy

swj99

Brilliant.

What camera / camcorder did you use to film it.

deltic1989

Established Member
Thank you for your comments on my railway they are much appreciated.
A few basic facts on this railway in answer to your questions are as follows.
This is my own private layout and I am based in Kent.
The railway dimensions are 50 feet x 30 feet on four levels it is a walk round format running through 5 sheds. Access to the layout for maintenance etc is by way of strategically placed hatches.
It is 0 gauge scale 1/43
Up to 30 trains run simultaneously and automatically on the block section system. Manual overide operation is from a central control room with the aid of closed circuit television.
The trains seen running in the video clip, steam loco's are Bassett Lowke and Ace Trains. Diesel loco's are mainly Heljan. The rolling stock is mainly Ace Trains Lima and Darstaed.
Over a period of 16 years to build. I will endeavour to try and post a layout plan of the railway. To date it is in a folder that refuses to be downloaded.
There is a suburban network that does not show in this video other than a glimpse of an underground train.

Roy

Wow, a true labour of love then.

Simon11

Established Member
I would love to see a map of the layout and try and work out where the hell we went :D

I'm sure you could make a few bucks $$$$ and invite a few people to have a look at the layout! I'd love to have a look and have a play! Paying £30+ to see such an amazing layout would be well worth it!

****Hint Hint***:lol:

royjames

Click on the thumb nail and you should see a larger version of the map.
This is a basic map the journey on the video was on the yellow and green lines only
Roy.

Attachments

• Dream%20City%20named[1].jpg
    Dream%20City%20named[1].jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.