• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

More after schools travels 15/3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJ

Established Member
I finished at 14:50. I hoped to get a bus to Denmark Hill to see the EPS drag. Still no bus at 14:55 so I went home. After a bit of research, I realised that the Dungeness flask might run today. I took the risk and went to Bromley (17:54 from Victoria). Got there around 18:20. A raft of ECSs passed through, then 20305+37218 with flask powered through! 66147 and 220010 passed East Croydon 19:35ish.
--- edited ---
Today school finished at 14:45. The bus came at 14:46. Somebody up there likes me, as every single traffic light was green, even the temporary roadworks ones! I ran from the bus stop to Denmark Hill station. I ran to the island platform and as I wapped my camera out, I saw 37601 coming through the tunnel. It, with 37604 was hauling the Eurostar. A big thanks to the driver, who saw me then thrashed up! Fab stuff!
--- edited ---
Now I'm off to East Croydon, then I'm seeing 73136 at Victoria! Just forgot that I could've gone to Wandsworth Road to see Transrail 60032 on an Angerstein duty :(

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jdjonnay

Cool beans, reminds me of when I used to rush out as soon as the school bell rang to get some hot 47 action... before they all dissapeared :(

Gutted about the late bus... useless, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.