• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

More Avanti Woes - Refunds on flexible tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furrball

Had an off peak return ticket purchased through Avanti website for which I need to get a refund as plans cancelled

Despite their information no link in then My Bookings section and trying via the app an even more confusing and incorrect message

On their advise fill in the webform only to get a response asking me to use the part of the site which I am saying is not working.....

(Image shows Avanti App with Non Refundable Ticket. Your ticket type cannot be refunded through the app)

Attachments

• v1sgxy.jpg
    v1sgxy.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 41
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DaveB10780

I am in the middle of a refund starting from a similar position. After 5 days I receive an email saying "If you bought on the web then can refund from there" but if already picked up tickets then send us picture, journey blah blah bla. Oddly that was exactly what I sent them on the initial form. I reckon they must have an automated process on the server after a set time kicking in to pretend they actually looked at it.

ServerHoster

I have also requested a refund from Avanti (missed connection onto last train of the day and returned to origin station). Reply came about 6 days later referring me to Delay Repay!

robbeech

Established Member
I have also requested a refund from Avanti (missed connection onto last train of the day and returned to origin station). Reply came about 6 days later referring me to Delay Repay!
Whilst an absolutely extreme exaggeration that is incredibly unlikely to happen, on paper you could end up in court for fraud (which in some cases can carry a custodial sentence) if you follow this advice.

JBuchananGB

You would request a refund from Avanti only if you purchased the ticket from Avanti. Otherwise from whoever sold you the ticket.

ServerHoster

You would request a refund from Avanti only if you purchased the ticket from Avanti. Otherwise from whoever sold you the ticket.
Yep, I did buy it from them. Ticket machine was refusing to sell me a ticket (one of those stupid journey planner ones). LNER app didn't sell it either as it was the last train of the day and only 10 mins to go until the first train.

Status
Not open for further replies.