• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

More FGW entertainment......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

David

Established Member
Yet more woe for FGW today as 43030 suffered a catastrophic failure while working the 1000 PAD - PGN. Stopped between Wootton Bassett and Chippenham while a TRI had a look, then carried on OEO for the rest of the day.

devon_metro

Established Member
As things stand at the mo:

2G77 1730 Newton Abbot - Gunnislake failed near Ivybridge...
1V53 Glasgow - Penzance left Totnes 160 late
1C87 1505 Padd - Penzance terminated at Newton Abbot
1C88 1605 Padd - Penzance outside Newton Abbot 1hr25 late
1C90 1703 Padd - Penzance would appear to be behind it 25 late

T

Tom

In the meantime, heard at certain FGW stations...

A normal service is in operation across the First Great Western network, as a result, most trains are cancelled.

We are sorry to announce that all trains are running on time across the First Great Western network so you cannot make any money out of us. Again, we apologise for the inconvenience to your journey.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Yet more woe for FGW today as 43030 suffered a catastrophic failure while working the 1000 PAD - PGN. Stopped between Wootton Bassett and Chippenham while a TRI had a look, then carried on OEO for the rest of the day.
Sproggy's unhappy about that :lol: :lol:
Let the MTU-eth beginneth <D

Nat the Ned

As things stand at the mo:

2G77 1730 Newton Abbot - Gunnislake failed near Ivybridge...
1V53 Glasgow - Penzance left Totnes 160 late
1C87 1505 Padd - Penzance terminated at Newton Abbot
1C88 1605 Padd - Penzance outside Newton Abbot 1hr25 late
1C90 1703 Padd - Penzance would appear to be behind it 25 late

The failure of this 153 on Rattery Bank (at signal DM227 to be precise!!) caused a mere 1,213 minutes worth of delay in total. This was beaten by last Mondays 1A84 HST failure at Camborne which managed 1,436 delay minutes. 'Good innit'

And while we are at it another top quality FARCE Great Western moment last Tueday:

Down sleeper 1C99 23:50 Paddington to Penzance leaves Paddington 122 minutes late as the 57 is being used to rescue not one but two failed HSTs and dragging them to OOC. Once on the way the train should be able to make up a fair amount of time as the sleeper timings are slack. But no, this is FGW, the 57 dies at Swindon, two traction motors are isolated and it is decided the loco wouldnt cope with the journy to Penzance so the train changes loco with the up sleeper at Swindon and leaves apx 185 late. Some time was made up but still over 100 late into Penzance...

So how many failures we gonna have this week??

Guinness

Established Member
1L19 ran which is a promising start!

Don't hold your breath.

It will be Cancelled tomorrow, then 110 down on Wednesday, failing at Reading on Thursday and finally running OEO on Friday!

Go Alison! 8-)

g4mby

Due to signalling problems this morning the 0656 from Bristol Parkway to Paddington was cancelled, NRES was showing it as being on time but FGW were saying differently. As the 0710 from Temple Meads (0721 from Parkway) was again cancelled passengers wanting the 0656 were told to catch the 0653 local service to Temple Meads and change to a Paddington train there. Whilst on the train passengers were informed that the 0710/0721 had been re-instated which meant a quick platform change at Temple Meads and next stop Bristol Parkway!

Those passengers were not too pleased but at least they got a free ride to Temple Meads and back and some excercise running between Platforms 10 and 5 to catch a train that was nowhere to be seen when they arrived at Temple Meads. It arrived shortly after though. :smile:

Nat the Ned

I am a little worried things seem to of been fairly good this week, major disaster tomorrow then??

Only bits I can think of this week was the 12:05 PAD to PNZ was terminated at PLY on Tuesday due to a, wait for it....... dirty cab... Relief driver obviously had his best trousers on.

Tonight (Thurs) the 14:05 PAD to PNZ which is the commuter service to Kernow ex Plymouth was 50 late, but not sure why... Oh and the 12:44 PLY to PNZ terminated Truro today aswell.

N

Turbostar

Just outta curiosity, have we had any of those non-express HST sets (i.e. 7 cars instead of 8 ) down here as of yet? I'm counting the trains when I'm at work when I can, but havn't come across any 7-car trains as yet. I know we're not supposed to be getting them down here, but there's always a first time (no pun intended!) lol ;)

Mart

Nat the Ned

If you are on about the sets that wont have a buffet car, I dont think they exsist as yet. They will be introduced in the December timetable change when trolley services will start on certain routes. They are bound to end up in Plymouth as servicing will still be carried out at LA.

devon_metro

Established Member
If you are on about the sets that wont have a buffet car, I dont think they exsist as yet. They will be introduced in the December timetable change when trolley services will start on certain routes. They are bound to end up in Plymouth as servicing will still be carried out at LA.

There are too many new buffets about at the mo!

1L19 started BPW today!

Status
Not open for further replies.