• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

More FGW woes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
"....The new £375 fee..."
"....nearly £300...."

So..er, how much is it again?

moonrakerz

Interesting that if you read the comments at the end of the story there doesn't seem a lot of sympathy for Bristol's taxi drivers!

Having seen the chaos that occurs on the approach to Temple Meads, I am not surprised.
At my local station the taxi drivers are a law unto themselves. Despite there being a long "taxis only" rank on the station approach road they always use the the (3 only) 20 min bays for station users. People picking up/dropping off then stop across the end of these bays - the taxi drivers then get irate at being blocked in........................

BestWestern

Established Member
It is indeed absolute mayhem on the incline to Temple Meads, with buses, airport coaches and a sea of cabs all battling for road space, plus motorists trying to access the car parks. It surprises me that nobody has been killed to be honest, it is undoubtedly dangerous.

Something ought to be done, prime opportunity to redevelop the car park - which is also inadequate - and sort out the problems I'd have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.