more GCR news (Leicester Museum project)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Flying Phil

Established Member
I was taking exercise today and happened to look over the parapet at Loughborough Central Station....with my camera....Nice platform surface!DSC00028 s.jpg

Last edited:

Flying Phil

Established Member
From the GCR website
"
Added on Friday 22nd May...

Today we have taken the first very careful steps towards our eventual return. Although the railway remains closed to the public for now, and majority of departments remain closed to all for the time being, a very small number of the team have returned to work in a carefully-controlled way as we begin to restart our operations.

With precautions in place, including Driver and Fireman wearing face coverings, and Guard alone in the coaches, BR Standard Class 2 78018 completed some important test runs along the line today to confirm the success of repair works."

Good news and hopefully other lines will be starting the slow process of return to operations.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
From the GCR website
"

Today we have taken the first very careful steps towards our eventual return. Although the railway remains closed to the public for now, and majority of departments remain closed to all for the time being, a very small number of the team have returned to work in a carefully-controlled way as we begin to restart our operations.

With precautions in place, including Driver and Fireman wearing face coverings, and Guard alone in the coaches, BR Standard Class 2 78018 completed some important test runs along the line today to confirm the success of repair works."

Good news and hopefully other lines will be starting the slow process of return to operations.

That is good to hear, the above photo is good too. Good Luck everyone.

Andy Pacer

Excellent news. It will be small steps on a long road to a new sort of normal, but I for one look forward to getting back down to the GCR!

Flying Phil

Established Member
Well the GCR is planning to operate a steam service (No passengers) on Sunday according to their website. You will be able to watch from Quorn Station yard from your car or socially distanced. So that is really positive news! Let us hope it works well and that nobody is silly.

Andy Pacer

Well the GCR is planning to operate a steam service (No passengers) on Sunday according to their website. You will be able to watch from Quorn Station yard from your car or socially distanced. So that is really positive news! Let us hope it works well and that nobody is silly.
Will be great for the staff there to see things in operation. I agree that people should be sensible, there are plenty of safe and legal places along the route to take a look.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
From the GCR website
"

Agreed. :D

Flying Phil

Established Member
Just to update, in the GCR "Rail Mail", they say parking at Quorn will be in the (overflow parking) field on the other side of the line. I would think that somebody will be selling ice creams etc and I suspect that the GCR doesn't want to be seen to break the rules re Cafe's opening.

Andy Pacer

Just to update, in the GCR "Rail Mail", they say parking at Quorn will be in the (overflow parking) field on the other side of the line. I would think that somebody will be selling ice creams etc and I suspect that the GCR doesn't want to be seen to break the rules re Cafe's opening.
I could have just fancied tea and cake watching a steam train pass by. Maybe in a few months!